Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Need recommendations for workout/walking sneakers for plantar fasciitis. Nothing works for me but Clark's clousteppers sandals and I obviously can't wear those working out. Please help.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have been wearing ASICS with my orthotics when I work out and also when I work. I stand for 8 hours a shift. 

• Posted

Hi Kris

Difficult to say because it all depends on the shape of your feet, arches, etc.

I find shoes with memory foam such as Skechers very good, also Asics Gel are very comfortable, springy, and still give good support. You could also try swapping orthotic insoles for the brand insoles in the shoes.

Remember also to get shoes with a wide toe box, as constriction of the toes in a narrower shoe can worsen any foot problems - maybe not so elegant but much better for the feet!

Hope you find something............

• Posted

Skechers actually kill my feet. I stopped buying them. New Balance is what I bought in place of them, and they were just as bad. I'll look into Asics. Thanks.

• Posted

Yes, Skechers are not for everyone. I tried some of their superbly comfortable less structured shoes, wore them for four days solid and had a PF flare up. But have not tried their trainers which I believe are more supportive.

I have also worn, and really like Nike Downshifter 5. There are other Downshifters e.g. 4, 6 etc, but mine are comfortable, supportive, and I can wear them for long periods.

But, heigh ho, we are all different. This wretched PF which has laid me low on many occassions is a nightmare. I have had to give up jogging and other sports because I just cannot risk being housebound. Sound like a wimp but the pain is so bad I will do anything to avoid it.

Good luck with your choice of shoes............

• Posted

I had pf about six years ago, that I got from excessive walking, bad shoes, and not knowing any prevention measures at the time. Or for that matter, not even knowing what Plantar fasciitis even was. After that, I'm much more careful and educated about it, and walking. I did a lot of research, and have been through about three pairs of KURU brand sneakers. They're actually designed for people with pf. Check them out. Good luck.

• Posted

I also found KURU to be very comfortable, I wear them around the farm, visit their websight and click on shoes for plantar fasciitis, I have wide feet so I went for one size bigger and a wide fitting, I have spent many dollars on shoes, kuru I wear, the others I gave away, good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.