Shooting Pain in Left Forearm

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am currently in my course doing some study and nearly every time I move my arm a shooting pain moves up my forearm. It's really painful, do you experience something like this as part of your fibro symptoms or is it something I need to have checked out?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Leimodnunewra...what an unusual name...what country are you from? 

Im in Australia....I used to get the same, long time ago but, when I was doing heaps of computer work.. I've had Fibro for over 22  years now it's just unreal..how many different things we get,.when doing something!!! Hope it helps. ...Remember stress free is the key..:-) xxx

• Posted

Oh it's not my real name, it's just a username I use on most sites I am on. My real name is Jessie. 

Ah computer work caused it for you? I spend most of my day on the computer. I'm studying programming and I play games when I get home. Guess I am going to have to reevaluate a few things then.

Thanks Christine smile

• Posted

Ok, Jessie, thought you may be from Wales...yes I love using the computer too, but it did used to be painful at times, that was my job...I used to evaluate computers programmes for the education dept..it was all pretty new then too... not much now..but boy it used to get bad pains.....be blessed...I'm just off to bed...:-) xxx
  • Posted

shooting pains any where in the body are common symptom of fibro .

if i lean on my elbows i get pains in my neck and shoulders .and a pins and needles sensation in my elbow .

try applying magneisum oil to your limbs first thing and at breaks and soak in mag bath flakes at night that helps muscles to relax and you get less of it .

you can try a

magneisum supplement combination with vid d and calcium many people benifit from this and see a vast improvement ,but everyone reacts differantly so its just trial error i am afraid , 

• Posted

I usually don't get shooting pains, just aching ones so this is entirely new for me. 
    • Posted

shooting pains tend to come when your using your limbs or after because the tendons muscles ligaments are tight in fibro suffers so when you use them your pulling on something tight.

that what causes the shooting pains its just your body complaining . i get them in my feet they shoot right along my foot and into my toes like hot needles .if iv been out just for a short walk .

• Posted

I'm just worried because it is a new kind of pain for me. I get achey heavy limbs after using them, even after a long walk, never shooting pains. 
    • Posted

iv told you i get them and so do most sufferers ,stop worring 

i dont know if your on meds but sometimes meds can make them worse .

the more you worry the more you will suffer and bring on other symptoms theres at least 26 symptoms that come with fibro . 

the more stressed you are the more you get and the worse the symptoms are . iv got a friend with fibro ,she is much younger than me 

she gets the fatigue and she brusies easly and is very tender when touched in a normal way

, but the key differance between her and me is 

shes happy she just got married to a really great guy ,they had a 3 week honey moon in asia sight seeing ,she holds down two jobs and she is part of a roller derby team . she can do all t his simply because she is happy and dosent stress like me and many others , 

the reason i am so ill is because i am not happy in my marriage but dont feel stronger enough to leave . the key to less pain and symptoms is less stress. if you want to look into something that in somecases leads to a complete recovery try a brain retraining programme for Fbro and ME 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.