shooting pain in one hip

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been gtting this shooting pain in my right hip today done anything to hurt myself but this is stopping me in my tracks so it's is a concern but is it FMS or is it something else. As I am walking it doesn't matter up or down hill on steps or it just happens when it wants to.........

I am really starting to struggle with this, Last week I had to go for an X-ray on my right hand and the Radiologist asked what I had done I explained that I had been in hospital and had to have a canula put in and the Dr pushed it in and the Pain hit me and pinned me to the bed. She took it out and put one in my other hand, since this my Thumb and wrist have been in agony. The point I am getting to is that I don't know what is FMS and what isn't anymore.

It turns out I have a haematoma around my vein as the needle passed straight through my vein causing a bleed around the vein. So this time it is a new cause but when do you present at A&E and when do you say it's just FMS

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have managed with fibro for many years, managed work, walkingm everything, until the last year. I have now been off sick and registered disabled because of dreadful hip pain that has not yet been diagnosed. I have had xrays and mri scans and been seeing the rheumatologist who thinks it may be something else, possibly RA. Sick of being incapacitated so much worse now, nothing helps the pain and I cannot sit thats the worst position, its in both hips and only steroids have helped very short term
    • Posted

It really is a diagnosis (FMS) that I didn't want to hear simply because it implicates every pain in the future. the mere mention of FMS and they say oh that's what it will be then.
    • Posted

Yes thats the awful thing but my gp always says now "i am not putting this down to fibro, we will investigate this properly" and has been really good lately, he said its too easy to just put everything down to fibro. However whenever I have had to attend a and e I always get the same attitude " its fibromyalgia, go home"!  I ave been in absolute agony, rolling around on the floor when my boyfriend has called an ambulance and the ONLY thing that has ever really helped with the pain is gas and air! It has been amazing! I wish I could get that on prescription. I even asked the ambulance driver to take a detour as it was the first time I had had some relief in so so long. I really try not to go in to a and e but when things get so bad what else are we supposed to do?! Last time was a pain under my rib, where the spleen is. The stupid doctor said it wouldnt be my spleen as I havent injured it and that would be the only way it would be enlarged! What an ignoramous?! Enlarged spleen can be associated with lots of illness including RA and leukemia, which I was a bit worried about as I have been very anemic and my grandad died of it and now my cousin has been told he has between 2-5 years due to it and my aunty has it too! But, hey, how could I possibly have anything else wrong with me -I have fibromyalgia-end of! According to a and e anyway! 
    • Posted

haven't tried the gas & air but I will definetly ask next time I am in need.

Keep an eye out for my posts on Hyperbaric Oxygenation Treatment I started yesterday so it will be a dew weeks before I have any decent news I suppose but fingures crossed it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.