Shooting /sharp pain in breasts - weight lifting?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 37 year old mom . I began to get a sharp shooting pain on my left side and a mild one on the right 10 days before periods. Since it was the first time I was concerned and by OB on email thought it was normal. The nature of the pain changed to a dull ache and heaviness. No other symptoms, I tried to do self exam and find no changes. On a hunch, I feel that it could be a muscle problem because I lifted heavy stuff without a bra. How can I be sure? Has anyone experienced breast pain with weight lifting?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could be either hormonal or as you say, weight lifting. try taking evening primrose oil every day. It can help with breast discomfort, which is fairly common.

• Posted

hi Anu

i have the same issue with my left side breast. i feel its starts a week or 2 before my period. i feel it on my left breast more closer to my left side nipple. i check my breast regular , sometimes it feels like something is under my left breast muscle.

or the left breast swells more than the right and just feels heavy

hope some other ladies can provide some more advise if they have the same issue

• Posted

i finally got a mammo and a USG done and they said i had dense breasts (which i already knew) and asked me to follow up. it is not at a convincing situation because at my age breasts would be normally denser than older women.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.