Short award

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone's received a pip award less than 2 years ?

Please do feel free to reply with your own experiences.

Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

my mother has been given a 2 year award now we know it should be longer but we just cant be bothered with all the hassle and risking losing the award she has so we will just accept it how it is and go through all this again in 2 years im just using the time to gather much more evidence i have also started a journal for her day to day health and i am writing everything in it
    • Posted

Thank you. I was firstly given 2 years award then I had to have a review year later. My decision letter hasn't come yet but I was told I was given (possibly 18 months) award by call centre staff. She wasn't sure though. I am glad to keep my award but 18 months is not very common..Good luck to your mother.

• Posted

Most people get short awards, the longest you can get is 10 years but very few get this. My first award length was 2 years. This time at review i got 3 years even though it clear stated on the assessment report that my condition will never improve it will only get worse and a longer length award is adviced. Longer i did get but only by 1 year. What makes it worse is they always review you 1 year before the award runs out. When PIP came out they said they would be assessing people more often.
    • Posted

Hi Denise, I don't mind getting reviewed of course . I always thought 2 years award was the shortest award and never read anyone receiving 18 months before. Well, hopefully my decision letter will explain things better. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.