Short, Heavy Periods & Severe Cramps: What’s the Problem?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am a 17 year old girl and I have been experiencing sever period symptoms for the past three years. I got my period in 7th grade but the severe pain did not start until 8th grade. My periods used to last 6-7 days but this past year and a half, they are only 3 days. I have always had a heavy flow but since my cycle has only lasted 3 days, I get large blood clots and have to change my pad approximately ever hour to two hours. I have always had extremely painful cramps during the first 24 hours that cannot be subsided with painkillers. The cramps cause me to throw up. The severe cramps only last 1-1 days however. My mom won't let me go on birth control and I've been perscribed naproxen which didn't work either. I am wondering if I may have endo? I constnatly have to mssis a day of school every month which is extremely annoying.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.