Short of breath

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

I suffer from shortness of breath where I breathe normally but have the need to deep sigh yawn and take deep breaths it specially affects me at night and can go off to sleep sometimes but other night the constant sighing keeps me awake all night

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

what would help you is if you practiced proper breathing for anxiety such as mindfulness breathing . when our breathing is shallow which is common with anxiety, then we don’t get the satisfied feeling of being fully oxygenated. sighing is common with anxiety for that reason. Mindfulness breathing corrects that and it lowers the anxiety and is very relaxing. You can find these exercises on YouTube. There are hundreds of them. Practice it every day and even several times a day if possible. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.