Short temper on mirtazapine

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I have tapered off sertraline and on to mertazapine over 3 weeks.

I was on 150mg of sertraline for Depression and anxiety, it made me ten times worse, realy thought I was going mad, they took me to a very dark place!

I went to see a physiatrist who decided to taper me off the sertraline and on to mirtazapine.

I have been on 30mg of mirtazapine on its own now for nearly a week.

I felt I was feeling a lot better with my depression and anxiety until last couple of days.

Has anybody suffeRd a short temper on these and feeling angry??? I am not an angry person like a mouse in fact however been very short and wanting to cause arguments with my husband. This breaks my heart as without him I don't know what I would do!! My apertite for sweets are unreal, I wake early hours and will come down looking for anything sweet, all I think of is food. I have gained 8lb in the last 3 weeks and now coming out of a size 14 which makes me feel very sad and anxious.

My sleeping pattern is all over the place living on a few hours at night then getting up then going back and sleeping in until 1pm some days. I'm also grinding my teeth so much they are sore!

Also last week I was aware of me feeling euphoric, over excited.

I am at my whits end with it all, have silent treatment today off my husband as I took off on him. Do I need locking up????😢😢😢

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya Dadoo, sorry to hear that you too have been suffering since starting on Mirtazapine...  I had only been taking it for 3 - 4 months and I have not taken it for the last two nights at the present time I am feeling okay I sleeping but I am back to waking up every couple of hours but I will deal with that myself as I am determined I am not going back on it as I was putting weight on faster than I could eat!! as I said I have worked too hard to loose the weight.

I hope your husband has the patience you are going to need hunni Good Luck n God Bless

Kathryn 1951 xx

• Posted

Hi Kathryn

Have you just stopped taking them?

What other side effects have you experienced? X

• Posted

Dadoo,

Kathryn had only taken mirt for a few months so stopping them was not an issue for her. Also, wd symptoms can take 4 or more days to show up.

Part of your symptoms could be wd from sertraline, as well as start up of mirt. All these meds cause problems. It's very confusing. Wishing all of you well on your journey.

• Posted

Hi Dado of

I know it's been 6 months since this post but I hope you receive it. Are you still on mirtazapine and if so, how are u doing now. I hope all is well. I started taking this medication about 2 weeks ago and I feel terrible. I am constantly fighting with everyone and have at times felt like actually hitting someone. It has made my marriage go downhill fast. I don't know how he puts up with me. I started at 7.5 my then went to 15 after 6 days. I to have been craving sweets like you would not believe. Most posts I've read have said only higher doses do this but I'm on a very low dose. I really just wanted to know if you or anyone else stuck with it and got better. I was diagnosed with being bipolar recently after 12 years of being told that I suffered from anxiety, severe depression and borderline personality disorder. I wondered if putting me on a bipolar medication was causing it. Not sure what I should do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.