Shortening of tendons

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, when I’ve been sitting for 15 mins or more and I get up, my knee is super stiff and all the muscles and tendons in my thigh going into my groin shorten up and it takes ages to straighten out and walk without limping. I’m 3 months out and this has been going on since I went back to work. Driving me nuts. Anyone else have this problem? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

S T R E T C H....especially the hamstrings.  If you're done with PT, it's time to regain the strength in your dead quads, glutes and core...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/post-tkr-exercising-565527

Takes months of hard work.  It will then get you to master stairs and regain your balance.  Right now, it's all about the muscles that support the knee and hips.  Remember...this whole thing takes a year...

• Posted

I do. When l sit l now ice and elevate, it helps with movement afterwards. I doubt you can do this in work though, perhaps you could try to walk about for short spells and follow Chico’s advice, it works for me. Best wishes.
  • Posted

Hi,

Yes I get the same thing and Chico's answer hits the nail in the head ...I am back at work and do some stretching in the morning and when I return at night . When I get up from sitting for a while I hobble about for the first 10 or so steps ...

• Posted

Nice to know I’m not alone! Yes I do several stretches and try to get up quite often but frequently get immersed in something and forget! My daughter bought me a fit bit which you can set to vibrate every so often to remind me to move (am waiting for it to arrive) so looking forward to that. Thanks everyone! 
    • Posted

"fit bit"?  You're lucky.  When my daughter got me one a few years ago, I had to set up an account on-line and then "friend" her.  That way, she tracked my activity EVERY STINKING DAY!!!  What made it worse is that she's an ACSM/ACE-Certified personal trainer for 17 years.  So I had the "Exercise Nazi" poking me EVERY STINKING DAY!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.