Shortness breath hiatus hernia?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone get short of breath. It feels like it sticks in solar plexus region . I wondered if a hiatus hernia can cause this as it seems to come from there.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi maria,

it could. but so could reflux. Ask your dr for an e ndoscopy to get some answers.

• Posted

Hi Maria, Yes i also get the same thing, i feel like i am taking only half a breath. Also i get terrible pain in my chest and sometimes can't walk for 5 minutes. Going to see my Doctor on 25th, so will let you know the outcome

• Posted

Hi Maria, Yes i also get the same thing, i feel like i am taking only half a breath. Also i get terrible pain in my chest and sometimes can't walk for 5 minutes. Going to see my Doctor on 25th, so will let you know the outcome

• Posted

• Posted

100% YES I'm constantly using my inhaler It barely helps Like the other gals I have to stand and wait before I can walk Or I feel like I'm gonna pass out I'm supposed to have surgery to repair it Life has gotten in the way Daughter got cancer So I've put it off When your Hitas hernia gets to that point Surgery is required Good luck to all

• Edited

Hi, I have a sliding hiatal hernia and I frequently experience shortness of breath along with terrible pain in my chest, however, I also do have very bad asthma. The hiatal hernia just execerbates my breathing issues.

Hope you feel better!

• Posted

I am having terrible cheat pain as well. dont know what to take ease the pain. it comes and goes

• Posted

several things can cause shortness of breath.Anxiety, being out of shape, hiatal hernia , asthma, anemia,etc

have you had a check up with your doctor? That would be the first thing to do.

if you have anxiety, that’s really the most common cause. Try listening to some meditations for anxiety on YouTube and see if that calms you down. also listen to some more proper breathing because that is the key.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.