shortness of breath

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone get sudden shortness of breath at random times . I get this although I'm saying shortness of breath it's a strange feeling like my chest and back feels full and i can take a deep breath in and out but I don't know if this makes sense sorry.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yea i get shortness of breath but i feel like my throat is closing up. I went to a and e last week it was that bad. They put it down to anxiety
  • Posted

If you can control overcompensating by trying to get too much air, you should be able to get your breathing to feel natural again.
  • Posted

Yep I think many get this who have Axiety / Panic Attacks - the trick is to control breathing. 4 seconds in and 8 seconds out and it should subside quickly
  • Posted

Yes..I just posted about this very thing..it happened for over 9 days..it was very sudden m.I was actually on vacation having a good time out at the beach when it started and I hhavehad anxiety forever just never shortness of breath.. i went for x rays.. er visit produced no reason for it.. came home and suffered for about a week at home..I looked up a man on YouTube named mr. litman. he has a video called the relationship between breathing and anxiety. I noticed that after getting off work and starting the video for the first time in my car because I was so short of breath I couldn't wait to get home it worked. I was able to just listen to what he was telling me to do while I was driving and practice the breathing exercises and by the time I got home I was actually a lot more in control. I am not saying it was a cure-all because there were Still Moments during the day that I had a little bit of a difficult time but usually it was because I was up running around spreading myself too thin and was just overdoing it so I would sit down and make a conscious effort to breed the way that he showed me on the video and it really helped me a lot. it took me about a week to get into the doctor where I explain to my symptoms to him he gave me some antibiotics and some steroids just in case I might have had some allergies or a touch of an upper respiratory infection that couldn't be seen on the x Ray. the next day after taking all of the meds practicing the breathing I feel back to normal and I haven't had any episodes since then. anxiety does cause shortness of breath at times but it's best to just make sure there's not something else going on that might be contributing to it please look up the video that I talked about it helped me so much and I think it will help you too keep us posted please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.