Shortness of breath

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

Lately my shortness of breath is getting worse I've Been on rivaroxaban for 7 weeks. Before it wasn't really noticeable but went to hospital 3 days ago they said it's normal ran tests and all came back good.i also have a lump in my throat well feels like one, just wanted to know if any one had this ? Or it can be my anxiety playing with me

Thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have also been put on one of the new anticoagulants and feel terrible, very down and sleeping affected. Dr insists its not the medication but i know how i feel and think it is.   Did you have a pe?
    • Posted

Yah I have a couple but small ones, I can't walk down the stairs without feeling this tight chest. I don't know if it's my anxiety but lately it seems to be pretty bad but there is no pain and I still can take a big breath

• Posted

Hi James

Anxiety can make you feel absolutly terrible.  I suffer badly with anxiety and I know at times I do get breathless and then everything starts going skitty, the heart rate, unsteadiness and generally feeling horrible and this can last for the rest of the day,  I am on Apixaban.

It could be worth chatting to your doctor to see if they can offer you some advice / support.

Take care

• Posted

Hi, at last i have found someone on apixaban who has anxiety! I an wondering if its just me, as the anxiety is worse since I started it.  

Can you tell me if you feel worse on it, were you on wararin before it?

• Posted

Hi Ann

Yes the anxiety has got a lot worse and I find I get really irritable and frustrated too.

I was on Rivaroxaban when I first got diagnosed and for the first few weeks, then I got changed to Apixaban as I had a terrible cough on the other tabs.

I do think that a majority of my anxiety has been caused by the pe's and the symptoms that I continue to get, it has been a life changer and although I am desperate to do things like, excercise, walking and going out to places, the reality is that at the moment I am unable to do most of these to a decent degree, I do go for walks but they are quite short and do get breathless at times, and don't like being away from familar surroundings.

xx

• Posted

Yes you sound just like me. Since the anticoagulation i have been so anxious and now i have medication for it, doesnt work very well. 

In desperation to feel better i am asking to go back on warfarin, at least i felt less anxiety.

People dont understand how hard it is to go out and live a normal life whilst going through this.  I would loveTo exercise and go out but it scares me too much just now.  I can take short walks and like you home is my sanctuary.

Dr has given me antidepressants. They say it is not unusual to be left with this after a pe.  I just wish it hadnt happened to me, feel for you too, keep in touch will support you.

• Posted

Hi Ann

I know it is so very difficult. You want to do so much but can only do so very little, you are meant to keep active but when you are feeling so horrible it is hard to get out and about, its like a vicious circle.

I get chest pain, rapid heart beats, unsteadiness and at time my breathing goes funny, this can come on when I am even relaxing at home.

I really hope that you can go back on the Warfarin and that it helps with your anxiety.

Keep in contact, its good to be able to discuss these things with someone who understands what you are going through.

Take care xx

• Posted

Coming off of apixaban my anxiety has gotten bad because im so worried of getting another one. So im going on baby asprin.
    • Posted

Hi Samantha

sounds like you have found a good solution to your worries, baby aspirin seems to be taken by a lot of people to help their blood.  I hope this will help you to feel better.

i have just had a call to say i can start back on warfarin next week.  I know its not the answer to anything regarding the anxiety etc. but one step forward as i really did not like the apixaban.

i still have a fight on my hands with anxiety and worry about my health and i know the dr is going to try to get me to take anti deps again changing from one ro another.  I read on here one person had ten different ones and was no better.

i just want to get back to normal and live a life which i can hardly manage just now.  They give out benzodiazepines to help anxiety, but meant for short term use. 

hope you will feel a bit better today and you can get out and try to enjoy some things again.

keep in touch.

• Posted

hi debby

oh how nice it would be if we could just get up and be normal again.  This illness has just taken the feet from me.

it is so hard to feel right when you are getting all these symptoms.

i have the go ahead rto try warfarrin again, whether it will take away the anxiety, i doubt it, but it is one step forwards 

sounds like you are having panic attacks which are making you feel bad, hope dr can help you too.

yes, keep in touch.

• Posted

Hi Ann

I am realy pleased that you have the okay for the Warfarin, hopefully this will help with the anxiety.

I have forgotten what normal is.. lol the things that I used to do without even thinking about it and now some days I strugge to do anything.  The worse is that is comes on so randomly, you feel fine one minute and then wham you feel horrible.

Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.