Shortness of breath

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone else have extreme shortness of breath and a feeling of lump in their throat? I dont feel anxious or anything! Just this horrible shortness of breath and like when i swallow something is sitting there.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I've had this too. It was bad at the beginning (one of the worst of my symptoms), but has calmed down since I started taking high dose Vitamin C and Monolaurin. I've noticed that it comes back slightly when I eat a heavy meal.

It's not a very common symptom of mono, so I can't really explain it. But I just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone!

• Posted

thank you. its horrible and as i have asthma its making it all feel worse. i got to a point where i thought i was going to stop breathing! different month different symptom it seems. im so short of breath though its horrible! it comes and goes and sometimes it also feels like im just breathless.

• Posted

Hi Melanie,

I have slight asthma too and remember when I had mono that I did feel more out of breath than normal, it may well be a combination of the two things which is just making the breathing not as clear as normal - my experience was that it all did settle down and get back to normal as I started to recover though, so hard to be patient though with mono as it can be stubborn and take a bit of time for many unfortunately.

Hoping that everything settles for you - just a word of encouragement that this virus does get better with time - it really does even though it's so hard to see it when going through it, and all kinds of symptoms can happen in the throat, chest, glandular areas, etc during this virus.

Hang in there and thinking of you.

Craig

• Posted

did this ever get better for you? shortness of breath is my worst symptom of mono and i get scared that it will never go away.

• Posted

Hi Monica,

this was my worst symptom, i had it constantly but it did go away!! it took around 3 months for it to fully go away, but i understand how scary of a symptom it is. i went to the ER so many times and they never found anything wrong because it was just the mono causing it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.