shortness of breath along with many other symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was cooking dinner one night and became out of breath out of no where. this is still going on 2 months later. i requested blood work that has been done twice and is in normal range. I then asked my dr. to do a vitamin d test along with vitimin b1 b6 and b 12. she argued with me and said because my iron done by finger stick was at 12 so it was not possible to be b deficient. after basically arguing and crying she gave in...my d level was an 8 and mormal is 30 to 100...i am on 50 tousand units once a week for two months. my b12 was 286 normal being 200 to 1100. so low end of normal. b1 was 88 normal being 78 to 185 and b6 was 10.2 normal being 2.1 to 21.7. i didnt know about folate acid so no test done and going to request it. i have had constant shortness of breath and alway feel full. constant fatigue sleeping 15 hours a day sometimes. i have burning in my heels with extreamly cold hands and feel and hands and feet seem to fall asleep all the time like pins and needles. ihave heart palpitations more when i first wake up but through the day to.i am having a halter monitor put on next week. i also have blurred vision along with being able to regulate my body temputure, i have burning eyes sometimes and pain hrough my body. i have lost 16 pounds in a mnth but trying to diagnose myself i started eating better as i never ate much sometimes a couple days without eating. i have forced myself to eat at least once a day and trying to do smoothies with fresh fruits and tumeric and such. i am hoping my weight loss is due to cuttting out dring anywhere from 4 to 6 cans of soda and 3 to 4 cups of coffee with cream and sugar each day. the last mouth i have drank tart cheery juice and water eating sweet potatoes and chicke. hoping the weight loss is due to that. i have had many test and many more to go, i am looking for a new dr. as she sent me away with 4 perscriptions for anxiety which i dont have until i have the harder time breathing. i have never had anxiety. trying to diagnose my illness i change my diet often. at first i though i had sarcoid but pulmonary said no along with the x rays. waiting on a mold test results to see if its that in my house as i cleaned mold from my batroom with no thought of using a mask. it was about a month later i got sick. going to ask for blood work for that but i am sure i will get a fight. i am currently looking for a new dr. my question is my b 12 low enough it was 286 to make me this sick along with my d being an 8. my dr told me to stop looking for something wrong and i couldnt believe that as she is doing very little. i dont go to the dr unless i am sick havent been in years now she is just blowing me off. this is the same dr. who begged me to come in for my check ups....any help would be greatly appriciated. i feel like i am chasing a rat around in circles in a room and this has become an obsession to figure this out i feel that bad. i just want some quality of life back...please any help is greatly appriciated more than you know. i am not from the uk but you all seem to know more than anyone i have talked to . i live in new hampshire not sure if that makes a difference. drs. hhere are not what they use to be its all about money and is sad.......thank you all for reading my long post.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I feel horrible for you. I know exactly what you're going through. The past 2 or more years, no doctor I went to see was helping me, I was treated for anxiety, Depression, my favorite was Adult ADD in which they put me on Adderall, to combat that medicine they also put me on a mood stabilizer! I, by the grace of God, decided, after gaining 20lbs, 115 is my usual weight, I'm barely 5 feet 2 inches tall, I was going to eliminate all the doctors that just sent me off to other doctors, I began to feel crazy. I am 42, 4 children, married for 20 years this July, I went to an internal medicine doctor & after 1 visit, he had all this bloody drawn, I remember saying, knowing for as long as I could remember, I have had a low white blood cell count, a partial hysterectomy in 2010 with a bladder lift, & in 2011 a year to the day practically, my last ovary removed & kicked right into Surgical Menopause, age of 36. I'm still reading high menopause, in which I take estrogen daily now, I was told by an ER dr. My red blood cell count was low to go see a cancer doctor! I was horrified & pushed it out of my mind. The internal medicine doctor, called me the day after before he left for the weekend & told me I was B12 & Vitamin D deficient. I take the D the rest of the year. Once a week by mouth the 1st month, then only once a month. I felt better, not 100%, but better & not eating like a vampire. I just got my first injection of 1000 mug of B12, I woke up this morning with my sore neck back, a whoping headache & my shortness of breath returned? I have to go for more testing, my have a blood clot in my foot, I have Arthritis & I just hope this is just for a day or so because I feel like im going backwards lol. I know your thyroid plays a role in the b12 Deficiency, my numbers were in, what a regular doctor would say for my age range, but hypothyroidism is connected, very much so. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor for additional testing, if he or she says no, you really must find a new one. I hope all goes well for you. Sorry for the book but I just wanted you to know that your not alone out there. Doctors miss so much & it's up to us especially if we know something is not right to keep trying. I know if anyone tells me I'm crazy, I'm on to something. I hope sharing my story helped. Good luck don't give up. ??🙏????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.