shortness of breath and dry mouth

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi there,

I have shortness of breath and dry mouth.

When I initially began taking Multiple Vitamins, I had one pill in the morning on an empty stomach without any problems.

But a month or so, I started experiencing shortness of breath and dry mouth.

I stopped taking it for a week and I am still experiencing these symptoms. Sometimes I REALLY have to gasp for air; I just feel like I’m not filling my lungs properly.

I went to see a doctor and checked my oxygen levels (99%), xray, bloodtest and lungs were fine. I don't cough, sneeze and no wheezing.

What am I experiencing? Allergic reaction?

Is it possible experience side effects or allergic reactions later on?

I am worried if it's going to be a permanent thing?? It’s extremely uncomfortable and frankly alarming.

Thanks,

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

?I went to my consultant with shortness of breath to the point I thought I was choking, I was in and out of ED like there was no tomorrow.  I have asthma but I knew it wasn't asthma, I had no wheezing in my chest.  The outcome was that it was an issue with my vocal cords tightening.It is something that clears up with proper rest in a couple of weeks.

?I also have dry mouth and as I have recently discovered it can be caused as a side effect of medication and vitamins. If the problem is with your vocal cords carbonated drinks and caffeine dehydrate them further and it takes a lof of fluid to rehydrate them again.  I find I drink bottles upon bottles of still water and I add in dioralytes.  It was a trick a friend recommended because I was giving out about how much water I was drinking and I was still feeling dehydrated and it really helps with rehydration.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.