Shortness of breath and tiredness: what it is?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been suffering from shortness of breath for 1.5 years now, have done all the tests and still have no idea why this is happening, I'm a smoker so of course fearing the worst....

started kind of gradually and now have to take in a deep breath every couple seconds, sometimes it doesn't feel like enough

i have it all through the day regardless of being active (doesnt get worse), lying down or whatnot.

my primary care said i also have a heart murmur and freaked out.. sent me to the hospital where I got my heart checked... all OK

then went to pulomonologist for an EKG and breathing tests, even did an overnight test, all came back OK

went to another hospital and got a chest X-ray... said i'm all good.

Yet I still can't breathe properly and I'm worried it's a latent but dangerous health issue.

I'm also tired all of the time, and seem to be having memory issues and feeling out of it/not up to my full 100. does anyone else have experience with this or any advice or who to see?

Much appreciated and happy breathing~~

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

unfortunately I have had same symptoms for 2 years and i do not smoke. I have had so many tests I have lost count. They can't find anything wrong with me either. I have gone gluten free, I have lost 30 lbs, i have been put on inhalers....NOTHING works. sad

• Posted

Mine was cured by breathing in deeply through my nose and exhaling through my mouth.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.