Shortness of breath, fatigue, weak for months no clear diagnosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

At this point, I'm wondering if I am risking heart attack or passing out by pushing myself to exercise a little, walk a little, have more physical activity because I am wasting away.  Can anyone tell me if this is connected with cardiovascular disease do do I need to worry everytime I get short of breath?   Just making a sandwich or walking to 711 and back can do it.

I also had a diagnosis of Hiatal Hernia about 7 months ago and fell on my but fracturing 3 vertebrate.  I have also been using prednisone for over five years for a skin condition.

After the fall, I suffered a multitude of painful symptoms, back pains, then abdominal/g.i. track pains, and bloating all the time like a hard basketball whether I ate or not. Excruciating days and nights, move this way the back stabs, try to lie down the stomach screams.   

I spent the next 7 months and all my savings with many doctors and hospitals and nothing has changed much, instead a couple of months ago the most serious symptoms arose; the shortness of breath, weakness, and fatigue.

Doctors kept giving me laxitives and saying the hernia has no affect on anything.   I had a full heart testing done saying heart is fine, but second opinions showed not.  I was not given a treadmill test.   A heart ctscan for calcium showed lots and I was advised to get an angiogram but haven't the money for that now.

Also, the many doctors not talking to each other resulted in many different medications probably causing problems.

I have just about given up and resigned to die but thought I would try some more research in forums like these.  Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a echo cardiogram, that would have to be cheaper than an angiogram, and that would show any structural problems with your heart.

My husband has heart failure and it was the echo that showed he had a problem and exactly what the problem was, although I don;t think it shows up blocked arteries, but it may, they do look at blood flow in the heart, through the valves, if you have leaking valves it would certainly show that.

Where are you, do you not have universal health insurance like we do in australia.

• Posted

Hi Lyn, sorry for the wait, the emails got messed up in my inbox.  I had an echo and it showed things were fine.  I am in Thailand.  Uninsured. If back in America I'm not sure it would be better but I can't afford to live there anyway. 

• Posted

What a terrible situation to be in, we are soo lucky here in australia. 

I know we pay high taxes but just knowing you have that net that will catch you if you have a heart issue like my husband or cancer, although as I have found with my arthiritis not every drug is on the subsidized lists, but most are except for the very latest and greatest. 

For us as pensioners our pescriptions  cost us $6.00 an item, to a limit of about $180.00 a year then they are free, and out course other than going to a private hospital, public hospitals are free.

• Posted

A stress tes on trademill will give the doctor a clear picture of arteries blockages. It's reliable and cheaper and less invasive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.