Shortness of breath never goes away no relief

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've dealt with anxiety for years been to many doctors and send therapist lately though I'm having the worst short of breath and I get no relief at all its been constant all day long I'll get a deep breath have 2 second relief and search for the deep breath again it's truly misreble I just chalked it up to I am dying and this is part of the death experience... because I can't do laundry without short of breath I can't cook without short of breath I can't excercise at all I can't go shopping I can't shower without short of breath even when I am laying in bed which is what I do the majority of the day due to the short of breath I feel short of breath I feel it right now while I'm typing this... Do any of y'all truly feel this 24 hours out of the day go to sleep short of breath wake up short of breath my life has been taking from me and I truly do feel ill I went to the ER last week I think and they sent me home about 2-3 weeks ago went to the ER as well and got a lung x-ray and a ekg and some blood work and they listened to my lungs and did a d-dimer blood clot test all negative for any health problems but I just know something nis wrong I need to quit typing on here and go to a doctor I guess

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You are not alone my friend, I feel the exact same way. I made a very similar post about constant 24/7 shortness of breath and how its ruined my life. even as I am typing this, my throat feels like it closing and I can't catch my breath (which I learned is called air hunger). If you've seen a doctor/doctors and they said you are fine and the tests show nothing wrong, then it boils down to anxiety, as hard as it is to believe when what you feel is so physical. I know what you mean about the it never going away. From the moment I wake up til the moment I manage to fall asleep, it feels like I'm suffocating and I have had it for so long you would think I have gotten used to it. nope. sends me a downwards spiral of panic everytime. I really sympathize with you because this is by far the worst anxiety symptom I have ever had (and I have had A LOT). I hope you can feel comfort in knowing you aren't alone - wishing you the best of luck!

• Posted

Does it get worse with activity mine does but it stays constant pretty much yesterday it was with me all day I was constantly yawning and I was taking deep breaths like I was gasping for air untill I got a deep breath I would get relief for a fee seconds and then try and get another deep breath and that went on all day and yes I it is the worst symptom I experience and I have no idea what to do about it or how to get rid of it.. the shortness if breath has literally took my life away I just sit around feeling air hunger thinking for certain this is gonna be my cause of death I am eventually going to run out of air and I am 15 minutes from the ER so that is constantly in my mind I guess I am just a very fearful person it used to not be so bad but it's gotten terrible to where I'm convinced its a Illness.

• Posted

Brently.. do you have any other symptoms? Pain anywhere? Coughing? Phlegm?  Etc etc.. or is it just breathing?...  Tried breathing exercise?  I'm sorry you are going through this,I am also..  I got an oximeter after a week of breathing issues. I'm on the fence about using something like that,always checking it but it did ease my mind that I am in fact getting my oxygen. Maybe that would help.  And I agree,it by far the worst anxiety issue there is

• Posted

Hi there,

I am experiencing the same symptoms. 30yo

Started two months ago. Woke up with it and go to bed with it. Been to the ER. X-ray lung function test, blood test all ok. Want to ask for a CT of chest next to be 100% sure. 

Havnt improved. So scared It’s something serious that’s being missed. Not particularly painful, just an annoying uncomfortable feeling which was never there but now is apparent all day that won’t let up with anything. Seeing the cardiologist today. Will keep you updated. thanks for reading. 

• Posted

I feel the same it's not a painful feeling my lungs don't hurt no cough more mentally painful than anything thinking it's a missed condition that's killing me like I think it's a missed lung or heart condition im clearly breathing it's a constant urge to to take a deep breath my breathing feels shallowing untill I get a satisfying deep breath I'm constantly searching for it who knows get a lung function test on Monday

• Posted

so i saw the cardiologist and did a stress echo and all is fine with my heart, however this general tightness/unusual pressure in my chest/lungs persists. Ive been going to sleep fine, but waking very early like 3.30am and not being able to go back to sleep. My body just feels odd. Light headed, fuzzy, unenthusiastic, like im losing control of myself. Im scared. im seeing all types of professionals and no answers, no abatement of symptoms.
    • Posted

Going through the exact same thing on and off. My shortness of breath and weird chest feeling went away mostly after I was seen at hospital least Monday and was cleared. Other symptoms all week until today,shortness of breath and lightheaded,on edge. Glad your tests were good.. this is the circle of hell lol 
    • Posted

thank you mary. tell me about it. never thought id be in this position ever in my life. now have to deal with all these things i only ever read or was told about with anxiety etc. 
  • Posted

update: So the Dr requested I do some x-rays of my spine which I obliged. This showed some narrowing of my C5-6 vertebrae as well as scoliosis in my thoracic region. He said it might be the reason for my sensations in my chest and other feelings I'm having due to referred pain. I had noticed tingling in my thumb and index finger on my right hand which is a symptom of a flattened nerve. I took lyrica for a week and then stopped it. I was referred to a spinal surgeon who said it is a 50/50 chance of this being the case and he definitely wouldn't suggest any treatment at this stage. I have been feeling a lot better lately. None to low chest heaviness feelings. This changed for me about after 2 months from their onset.

I now have tinnitus and weird muscle cramps and twitches in my legs. My sleep is not disturbed by it, however google as always like to throw the most debilitating of diseases at me which is scary af. I clearly have health anxiety, I cant help but think the worst. This journey has been life changing 8 doctors visits, 3 hospital visits, 5 full blood tests, 7 various tests/scans. exhausting, mentally first then physically. I cant wait for the day when my body feels like it is back to 'normal'. I will not take for granted wellbeing. This existential crises has forced me to re-evaluate me, made me more humble and as a result I am more kind to the people around me. I hope you all have found more peace since last posting. I will return when i have morefor you. xo  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.