Shortness of breath, shaky, dizzy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

2 weeks ago worth just changing position in bed my heart started racing. went to ER and given fluids as well as Metoprolol. EKG showed inappropriate sinus tachycardia. Having headaches since taking Metoprolol. Still feel lightheaded on treadmill etc so exercise doing recumbent activities. Any idea for why my heart races when I switch from one side to another in bed? Any ideas on being shaky/dizzy/headaches?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Drs aren't bothered to figure out what is causing your heart to race and prescribe beta blockers for anything. I also have this same problem and realised it is due to gas/GERD and if I lay on my left side or in any way the excess gas is able to trigger the vagus nerve, I get a rapid heart rate. You need to control this issue if you are experiencing excess gas, it is sometimes due to low stomach acid so maybe you should take apple cider vinegar with food. Don't listen to drs that say it is anxiety when you aren't experiencing any mental health issues, they will make you feel like you're crazy and it's all in your head. They did this to me and messed up my body with beta blockers. Please wean off them if you would like to get off as there are a lot of side effects and withdrawal symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.