Shortness of breath with hypothyroidism

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone have sob with hypothyroidism. My level is 5.1 and I have had some sob and just very tired at times.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes Laurie I had dyspnea for more than 2 and 1/2 years, it was horrible. I am much better now now that im on Tirosint, which has no dyes or fillers. I believe I was allergic to the fillers, no other explanation really since I've been on more than one med. just an FYI, Tirosint is very expensive but it works for me.

• Posted

Yes Sue, I have just changed my meds to Eltroxin to give it a go. Possibly allergic to fillers too. If that doesn't work I can try something else, will remember Tirosint.

• Posted

Yes. Experienced the onset of SOB, with hypothyroidism. Never brought it up to my doc, but was very easily winded even though I was in excellent condition. Over the years, this is just another problem that makes it near impossible to keep up fitness.
  • Posted

I am new to this and I don't even know my levels yet, whats sob?  I am trying to understand, my issues is swollen eyelids and puffy ugly bags,

• Posted

SOB: Shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing. Medically referred to as dyspnea.

I am also very new to this myself. Have lots of symptoms and shortness of breath is one of them.

• Posted

I can't believe all the different symptoms associated with Thryoid Disorders, its so confusing, I have been on Synthroid 4 weeks and my eye lids are still swollen, anyone know how long it takes for these meds to work, I see my doctor end of February for blood work?

• Posted

Hi peg, read the posts in "unacceptable side affects of Synthroid" I suggest this because if you aren't getting good results in a month or if you're immediately having really bad side effects, you may want to try something else. The Synthroid made me horribly I'll. I tried various forms and bar ands of the levo for several years, and it just made me sicker.

I am concerned for you though because the eyelids swelling up can be an indication of very low thyroxin levels.

You'll want to get yourself some good supplements and look into dietary redommendations for thyroid disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.