Should doctors be giving me a scan. Tell me what you think

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past about 2 or 3 months I've been suffering with a headache every single day. However I also am freaking out about a brain tumour or some sort of serious illness. Just recently I've had head preassure, a dull ache and kinda like stabbing pains in the right side of my head. Ranging from the front, behind eye, side and just above my neck. I've also had dizziness, nausea, left side doesn't feel right, tiredness, lack of concentration, and a kina spaced out feeling. I've been to the doctors and emergency hospital numerous times and had my eyes checked fine and all of them say that I have nothing to worry about, even though I think they should be giving me a scan....

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Emily, do these headaches are always on one side (left or right) and come only during middle of the night or early mornings?
    • Posted

I've neve woken up with one. Sometimes I'll have one about half an hour after waking and then it comes and goes throughout the day 
  • Posted

Go get an eye test ,they get in behind the eyes  plus eye pressure shows up trouble if any ,first port of call,I've had mine done in January ,my eyes healthy,I get headaches but it's rhinitis causing it .Optician said nothing sinister going on ,I to have balance problem 3 yrs ,was told it's tinnitus and sinuses doing it,so go get eye test again at another opticians .Peace of mind .
    • Posted

I went to specsavers about 2weeks ago and they checked everything and said I have a slight prescription but I wouldn't benefit with glasses, then they said my eyes are healthy. 
    • Posted

So nothing bad going on ,got to be other reason 's for it,have look at silent migraines ,they can happen and you won't ever connect the dots up ,get Dizzyness with them and nausea ,try Migraleve meds ,over the counter ,see if they give relief ,I find them better than paracetamol .Drinking more water would go long way to ,staying more hydrated .
    • Posted

Emily more than welcome ,try and simply relax ,Relaxing music ,not loud ,deep breathing ,ease pain out .Stress is a big factor to headaches to ,just worrying tenses you up more.Good luck ,get back if it all improves .xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.