Should Doctors come under the law for elder abuse when they willfully neglect elderly patients

Posted , 3 users are following.

My Mum is 97 crippled by the NHS by a hip operation that went wrong. Sge is also registered blind. She lives with me she is housebound. Some months ago we both began to be scratched, bitten and burrowed into. The Doctors refused to come out as did the district nurses on the grounds we are infectious as it looks like scabies. We have had to pay for all treatment we are both pensioners. It was stated we would be sent to dermatology as the scabies would not resolve. Dermatology has refused to see us as it us a doctirs job to treat scabies. I have lots of photos of the sores and my Mum in pain. Thing is I dont think it is scabies. Who knows what to do next. I think Doctors who willfully neglect to see and diagnose the elderly should fall under the elder abuse law.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear! This sounds really awful for all of you.  Could you try changing doctors surgery?  There must also be someone higher up in the NHS you could complain to.  The CQC might be able to advise you.  

I hope you get something sorted out soon. 

Take care.

• Posted

Ask the doctors for a script for a cream to treat scabies. The cream is made from chrysanthemum plant very safe and effective. Also need a professional to treat your home. 

Very sorry about this and is a sad issue and stressful for you and your mum. Update us here let us know how your doing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.