Should i band my nonsymptomatic hemorrhoid?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a mixed hemorrhoid that's half internal and half external. If i'm standing up, there's a swollen piece of skin on my anus. As long as i sit on the toilet, the rest of it prolapse out of my anus, it's about the size of a grape. It doesn't cause me any pain but a slight discomfort and a lot of difficulty during bowel movement. I'm only 20 so i'm thinking of getting it banded.

Has anyone experienced hemorrhoid banding? How long did it take for yours to heal and what are the complications? My hemorrhoid is heditary so i don't expect to be hemorrhoid free forever, but it would be nice if the next one doesn't protrude out of my anus it's extremely ugly.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Before getting the banding done, try some diet changes. Go on a high fiber diet, take a fiber supplement daily and drink plenty of water (fluids) through out the day. This should help with BM and irritating the hemorrhoid and in time it may resolve on it's own. I'm a little older than you are - 58 - and lived with an internal hemorrhoid for about 20 to 30 years. It never really bothered me that much and when it did I would use ointments and suppositories to relieve the symptoms, but never had any pain. About 4 months ago I went to see a doctor because I had a bad case of pruritus ( itchy anus) and the doctor asked if I wanted my hemorrhoid banded while I was there, so I said sure why not. I now regret it cause within a week the hemorrhoid came back with more symptoms along with pain. I feel worse now than I did before. Now I don't have a choice but to go back and try the banding again. I don't want to alarm you cause it might work for you as everyone is different and I believe there are better doctors out there than others, and that's why I'm seeing a different doctor this time to have the banding done. But you are still young and maybe you should try to make some changes first before getting it done, I wish I had, cause now I am on a high fiber diet and it does seem to make a bit of a difference. My BM are better and I'm not in as much pain and can tolerate the symptoms until I see this new doctor. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I'm sorry your hemorrhoids get worse after banding. I hope you got better luck with the second try. My diet has always been high in fiber. My digestion problems are from my anxiety disorder i think. I don't know if my hemorrhoid can resolve on its own, it seems to only get bigger with time sad i'm going to get a colonoscopy tmr. Please keep me updated on your second banding.

• Posted

You should be speaking to your doctor not asking on this forum as we are not doctor's,therefore make an appointment they have seen this all before.

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I have an appointment tmr i'll ask her/him about it. I think most doctors would say things will turn out okay, so i want to see if anyone has sucessfully got rid of their hemorrhoids with this procedure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.