Should I be concerned???

Posted , 6 users are following.

I tapered off of Topomax a little over a month ago. I'm feeling so much better!

Although I'm happy that I'm not gaining any of the weight back that I lost, sometimes considering how much I've eaten it amazes me! If I gained back a few pounds it would be no big deal. I've read so many people's comments about putting the weight right back on, I don't gain weight no matter how much I eat. Again, I'm thrilled about this but a little concerned as well. Should I be???

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I lost 18lbs in total over about 3 months, until I was forced to go cold turkey for medical reasons, I gained every single lb again over the course of 18 months. My body was just going back to what it was I guess.  However, I was determined to get rid of it again and have since lost 14lb in 2 months and still dropping.  I'm not huge or obese just want to get down to what I was a few years ago which means losing another couple of stone which should be gone by the end of summer all being well.  You just have to have a sensible diet and the weight will stay off, if you say you can eat more or less what you want you should be OK, just coming off the drug shouldn't make you gain weight.
  • Posted

I dont think you should be concerned I put my weight back on but having said that as soon as the tablets go out of my system I started eating more
  • Posted

Four years later (and only eleven tablets) I struggle to maintain my weight. 

Eat anything and everything and it will not make me gain weight.

A stomach upset to me is scary as it is a battle to get it back on agaib.

• Posted

Exactly what I'm getting at. I'm thrilled that I'm feeling better, my appetite has returned and my hair has stopped falling out.

I worry sometimes that perhaps there is something else going on because in the past if I ate as much as I am eating now, I would have blown up! I'm a chronic worrier so instead of just enjoying it for the time being, I worry that perhaps I have a tumor or something that hasn't been detected yet. I have to keep telling myself to "STOP"! Do you know why you have a heard time maintaining your weight? I have a neighbor in her 80's that has always had trouble maintaining her weight as well, doctors have never been able to figure out how she can eat as much as she does and still lose. She has been through countless tests but still no answers. Well, like I said, she is now in her 80's and fine!

I was diagnosed two months ago with Dysautonomia, which effects many organs in the body, maybe it began around the same time I began the Topomax??? Who knows. I hope you're feeling better since being off the Topomax! I guess just take it day by day. Good luck to you, if you come up with any answers, please let me know! Enjoy the weekend!

• Posted

I have continued to drop my weight over a period of four years, and I orignally only took eleven tablets over nine days. I dropped from a 16/18 to a 14 and am now a size 12..........and I struggle to maintain that.

I eat what I like, graze like mad and still drop weight. But food does not interest me at all...........I am 61 so not anorexic either

• Posted

How many mg were the 11 pills you took ?? 

I just started on 25 mg twice a day in place of gabapentin for neuropathy, the only side affect I feel is a bit of brain fog, I haven't lost a pound, I would love to lose 20 !! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.