Should I be concerned

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im currently on medication for hypertension for about 18 months now.. never had any symptoms, just one day had a bp reading and it was 210/130

Started taking Ramipril and bp dropped to 120/80 ish but got the dreaded cough as a symptom.

So been taking 100mg Losartan Potassium now for about 12 months

BP dropped to around 130/90

Over the last 2 weeks my BP has risen to 160/100 with a recorded high of 175/110 and a low of 145/95

Is this a blip or do you think I should visit my GP? I don't want to bother them due to the current environment unless absolutely necessary.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

i am on 3 bp meds i went into hypertensive crisis and was rushed to the hospital from the doctors office . my bp was 209/111. i never have symptoms of high blood pressure except headaches and shortness of breath. Never feel bad for going to your doctor. if you feel something is wrong get it checked out.

• Posted

You do not have to bother them but you can at least ask for advice. Advice is free and its not troublesome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.