Should I be concerned about this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I did some research about something I haven't seen awhile on my legs which is varicose veins but now I'm getting anxiety and can't sleep while worrying about my health. I used to have visible varicose veins shown on my legs when I was extremely obese for my age. But this woke me up to changing my lifestyle around and I immediately decided to workout every single day and I lost extreme amount of weight. When this happened, my legs didn't feel so heavy anymore and I didn't see no signs of it ever since I lost weight. Should I still be concerned about this? Or was it just temporary and it's gone now since I fixed the cause of it because of me being overweight? I know searching things up on google just makes things worst, including panic attacks but I was feeling too anxious.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i am sorry you are feeling so anxious about this. I understood varicose veins to be a genetic thing, passed on by a family member. I think you should stop worrying about it. This is out of your control. You have done everything you can by losing weight, now the rest is up to god. We all have our flaws and stuff we dont like about ourselves, but we have to learn to live with it. You cant let it stop you from enjoying your life. Time is short and to worry over this is not going to help your quality of life. Your health will be fine, so stop worrying and go live your life without this stress. People have it a lot worse than you, so count yourself lucky you have the life you do because it could be much worse. I hope you stop worrying and feel better.

• Posted

Hi Shanny, Something you can try is elevating your legs, above your heart, at night for a few hours(blood pooling in veins can make varicose veins worse)...also sitting with the chair pressing behind your legs(at a desk, in car & etc..) for long periods, getting up &/or moving your legs every hour, can help prevent them from worsening, light massage can increase circulation, so can exercise like walking or yoga...if they get extremely large or bulging, you can ask your DR if compression socks can help...they are not for everybody & must be used correctly....Good Luck & BEST WISHES💒🎶🌈♾🐾🍀☮

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.