Should i be given mri...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all.

Im in a bit of a bad way. Ive been off work since oct and now currently lost my job on grounds of ill health. I have been diagnosed in jan by a neurologist as having chronic fatigue and functional neurological disorder.

Since march my health has plummeted to a point i feel ill 27/7 barely able to leave the house at all.

My symptoms are mainly severe 24/7 weird sensations in legs iits a little like pins and needles but i describe it as worse than this ita actually un nerving. My legs feel like lead and a feeling of water. I struggle to walk

my face feels like i have a fever all the

time.

When im in bed i certain limbs go numb

The worst is the dizziness and fuzzy vision its scary and doesnt go away. I just feel so very unwell all the time.

Im on no meds as i seem yo be intolerant to everything they try or it makes things worse.

The neurologist i say didnt offer any scans or anything just did a few things in the room. Ive had every blood test imaginable all fine. I have been on b12 injections for 12 years but these do nothing now.

The doctor has agreed that a second opinion is best so now awaiting that. Do you think this time they might do more tests. Im really struggling now and have no life at all outside my house im on 43 and have 3 older teenage sons 2 at home and am missing out on so much

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need an MRI, evoked potentials and possibly lumbar puncture. Unless you've had an MRI how can a neurologist diagnose correctly what the problem is? It's so unfair and depressing not to have a proper diagnosis, I do know. It's a Shane about your job, I had two lots of time off due to my condition and my head was very supportive. Write a letter asking for an MRI, sometimes when it's put into writing they do more. Good luck, be kind to yourself, rest when you need and try Q10 kindest Lorraine

• Posted

Hi 👋

I'm sorry to hear about how your feeling.

I started with pins and needles in legs and slight numbness on/off 3 years ago, my gp sent me for a nerve conduction study and MRI of lumbersacral both clear.

I went back to go 4 weeks ago as numbness and pins n needles have gotten worse and happening more often than not, plus low back ache.

She ordered another MRI, that I had Monday (6 days ago)

I am awaiting results.

I can't help you much , but I do think your dr should've possible sent you for a NCS and or MRI so they can try figure how to help you.

Good luck , let us know how you get on x

• Posted

Hi I am not sure where you live, but in Canada you can't be layed off for medical reasons f you are under Dr's care. If that's what they put on your seperation papers then you should call to labour board and speak to them

• Posted

In UK you can lose your job if you have a lot of time off sick, I cannot remember the full titles/reasons but I know you can, however they do have to interview you first. Some organisations do a return to work interview and if you're classed as disabled they must make adjustments, however ..... companies with less than (can't remember exactly number but for arguments sake) say 16 employees don't have to comply with disability employment law. I will say, and sort it's negative ..... In UK now there's a growing anti disabled attitude fuelled by the government. They've cut so much off the budget and discriminate through benefit cuts. Sorry I couldn't be more upbeat 🌹

• Posted

Can you apply for government disability? If you have it there get Dr to help you fill in the forms. I am just happy that in Canada we have the laws to protect disabled persons so well, I would be in a real mess without it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.