Should I be the first patient for Synergy IOL?

Posted , 9 users are following.

My doctor works in high volume practice. He does Panoptix all day long, but I would be first patient for Synergy. How concerned should I be? He uses the fermtosecond laser. Not sure if there is an "art" to exchanging the lens, or is it just inserting per J&Js instruction and the lens itself is solely responsible for the performance.

Ideally i would find a doctor that participated in the US study in the NY area, but not sure how to track down that info.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There is another first day post-op Synergy video on YouTube from Parkhurst NuVision in San Antonio. Search for "Synergy IOL Isela 1 Day After Surgery."

• Posted

Thank you so much for this! I feel a bit more reassured but still going to speak to surgeon.

• Edited

P.S. As promising as the Synergy lens appears to be, I agree completely with the proposition that lens replacement should, in the majority of cases, be limited to cataract patients. Every patient is different. Every eye has unique issues. You cannot know if your outcome will be as perfect as those in the videos doctors choose to post online. Those of us who scour the web for hopeful information do so because cataracts are destroying our vision. Our hope is not for the perfect vision of our youth, but for the best vision we can get with the fewest negative side effects we can live with. Intraocular lenses come with trade offs. Anyone who has the luxury of waiting to remove their natural lens should wait. There will be iol's in the future that surpass the best on the market at the moment.

• Posted

P.S. As promising as the Synergy lens appears to be, I agree completely with the proposition that lens replacement should, in the majority of cases, be limited to cataract patients. Every patient is different. Every eye has unique issues. You cannot know if your outcome will be as perfect as those in the videos doctors choose to post online. Those of us who scour the web for hopeful information do so because cataracts are destroying our vision. Our hope is not for the perfect vision of our youth, but for the best vision we can get with the fewest negative side effects we can live with. Intraocular lenses come with trade offs. Anyone who has the luxury of waiting to remove their natural lens should wait. There will be iol's in the future that surpass the best on the market at the moment.

• Posted

So, I did cancel my surgery. Will wait and see. Thanks everyone for the concern and the perspective!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.