Should I be worried?!

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hi! I apologise in advance for the length of this!!

I'm 23 years old and have been suffering with horrible and constant dizziness for around 8 weeks now!

It started off being minor, and I went to the doctor complaining of really uncomfortable stomach aches and bloating, which after a few days was followed with slight dizziness. They said the stomach complaints were probably viral and it would all go! Working with young children none of it came as any surprise. A lot of people say it starts off with a cold ect so to me stomach ache seems odd to develop into this!?

I was then told after 2 weeks of dizziness back at the doctor that I has labrynthitis. I was given stematil (sorry for spelling) which did absolutely nothing and I tried to get on with life. 

My symptoms were (and still are) now constant dizziness, a very heavy and uncomfortable head, sore neck, really bad focus on my eyes (I'm short sighted anyway, but I feel like Its much worse now!), occasional nausea and most of all, I feel absolutely exhausted. It has made me struggle at work just to get through the day, even after SO much sleep. I have always been relatively healthy, eating well and being a good runner. But since my dizziness, I know I couldn't face a run! 

3 weeks later I was back at the Dr, who said maybe I don't have labrynthitis and gave me different tablets (betahistine) as I was about to go on holiday and needed to try something different! For a few days on holiday my symptoms for the first time ever seemed to go (I don't believe this was due to tablets as I was not good at remembering to take them!) however towards the end of the holiday they were back again sad

The Dr said if there was still no luck, to come back. 

Next appointment is booked for Monday, and I'm  going to push for a referral to an ENT clinic.

I'm just slightly worried because I feel like I don't have the panic attacks and other symptoms that people seem to be commonly experiencing and also none of the tablets have done anything..! I think more than anything I am looking for some reassurance that my symptoms are normal!  sad

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So I went for my dr's app today and got a referral! Does anyone else suffer with complete body/muscle ache as a symptom?

Over the last week or 2 I've really noticed my arms in particular just feel really achey! Didn't know if this was unusual or just another standard rubbish side effect..! 

• Posted

Yeah I ache a lot, think it's your muscles working harder to keep you upright. Also of I'm very dizzy I've noticed I hold myself quite stiff and that won't help. 

Glad your GP has referred you tho. Xx

• Posted

have you checked the facebook page just titled Labyrinthitis it has everything there except the vitamin D defficiency.
  • Posted

Hi Amanda, when I read your post, I kind of wanted to tell you that Im suffering from this too. It came so suddenly , like 2 weks ago, and the dizziness just doesnt get better. I've seen a doctor and he did a blood test after which he concluded that it may be due to low heme in my blood. Could it be thye same for yours? I'm currently being prescribed iron supplements together with stemail. However, they're not improving. My conditions still the same and the feeling is just so awful.

Eating a healthy diet is important so cut out the junk and load up on fibre, vitamins and proteins.

Stay strong babe.

• Posted

Hi Amandait was good to read your story as I am in week 10 of my dizziness, headaches, exhaustion and the ringing in my ears. My employees paid for me to see a consultant who advised to stop the tablets as it's the worst thing you can do! My consultant gave me exercises to try and these have helped a little, but I'm still not able to work or drive. I'm hoping this won't go on for much longer, I want my life back! Thank you for sharing, it's good to hear you're not on your own. Hope you get well soonsmile
  • Posted

Amanda Im 23 too and feels I thibk same as yours, I havent been in ENT because I was scared to know whatever it is but now I was thibking that I really should coz Ive been spaced out for a 2years now, there are just some cases that I have been too dizzy and cant sleep or get up right away.

I scared.

but hopefully I could get a courage to go to doctor and ask.

• Posted

I feel your pain, I got food Poisoning a week ago on a saturday, I felt better within 24hrs, and on a monday I worked most of the day doing a paper for class, and ended up seeing the wrong time for when it was due, and started freaking out because I wasn't sure if the professor would let me turn it in. Anyways I woke up the next day feeling strange feeling like everything i see is in a distance but its really not. And I started feeling pressure in my head and temples and cheeks, i saw the doctor on wed. of ast week and he said ot was a sinus infection, i been taking the medicine he gave me he said I'm feeling the way I do because of the infection, but I haven't seen any change of how im feeling, im still always every second dizzy and feeling like im floting all the time, it has gotten i the way of a lot, Its hard for to attend to my daughter. I got a CT scan and Im waiting for the results. But Just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. Also they say Im struggling with Anxiety and stress, but I didn't know that could cause so much damage.

Stay strong and I hope they figure out what is going on, I'm sure its something very simple.

• Posted

Did anyone else ever find any relief for any of these symptoms? 
  • Posted

Ive only just found this site. Hi 😎 im English migrant in Australia Autumn 28c.

Last November rolled over in bed as i woke and wham spin felt falling.

Went asap to casuality physio did the horrendous Eply it went.

Feb 23rd got up to go to loo middle of night bent down as the cat had got in the room stood up wham back again. Went to Gp who started the Eply but discontinued it as imo she wasnt confident and to be fair i was extremly distressed i was crying. She gave me Serc and Kof something a wafer pill supposed for chemo patients as i felt dreadfully sick. Went back 8 times to no avail. Sickness went lightheaded appeared no never as yet had another pv attack just dizzy inside head constant ringing in mt left ear i could put up with that but last week i started to feel sick again REALLY sick as in almost vomiting.

Back to gp (not my family gps) was scared witless oh you could have cancer a brain tumor mri . I walked out you do not say that to a patient and in such a omg i cant be bothered. He did give me a referal to the hospital i went to last November so i wait. Its just this nausea i open my eyes in the morning and its there like morning sickness (i had gravitas sick 9mnths) im also next Monday

Going to see a chiropractor. One extra in 1988 in work i bent down stood up and now realise bppv but back then i dont think they knew about it. After 9mnths of lightheaded not being able to look up or down walking like a drunk though i cant remember being this nauseas i was sent to have Audiology tests hot air cold air spun around in chair ears blocked off high sounds low sounds.

Result nothing they said either Meniers or Sinus???? Went to Chiropractor for bad back told him he manipulated and it went. First year or so odd whoosh dizzy but never again the bvvp. Now 29yrs later its back but im 66 now not 38 and im scared x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.