Should I be worried?

Posted , 6 users are following.

operation to remove bilateral cysts and most of Fallopian tubes on 17th Dec. bikini line incision started to bleed / ooze on Saturday 27th. Was seen at hospital and they took a swab to check fo infection. Results not back and I still have 'ooze', changed dressing myself 3 times. Hospital don't want to know when I rang to ask if this was normal said to see my Gp if I was concerned. Should I be concerned that wound is bleeding. I am on tinzaparin too.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if this is normal or not but doc should be open today, I would go down there on an urgent access and see someone x
  • Posted

Does not sound right so get GP to check it.
    • Posted

I have phoned GATU twice to be told swab results not back, apart from ooze/bleeding which has reduced, I do not have any other signs/symptoms of infection.  Why is it such hard work to get information out of hospital? The receptionist at my Gp was more helpful! She said I should ring them back and make a nuisance of myself if that's what it takes! I have done this and eventually got someone to admit that this could last for a 'a week or so'. Apparently if there is an infection showing on swab results they will contact my Gp. Oh and it could take another 2-3days for results! Why do they think that they should keep this fairly simple information to themselves? I wouldn't have to have made so many phone calls making ' a nuisance' of myself if I had been given proper information of what to expect after the operation whilst I was recovering at home. I'm sorry to rant, but it might help someone else to know to keep asking questions, eventually it might penetrate the nhs that they could save time and money if the gave information to patients especially those like me who had never experienced an operation before and don't know what is 'normal' afterwards. The hospital is obviously fed up of me.
    • Posted

Fully agree and as the saying goes "They who shout loudest ". The service is so overburdened that is the only way to stay on the radar. Not good but true.
  • Posted

Hi  I don't think  that is right  you need  to see the doctor  again. My pre  op didn't  go well the gyn  insist  that since he is going in to remove the demoid  cyst  he must as well deal with  the  fibroid  too by removing  my uterus. It measures 10×7.4×7.0cm l don't feel  comfortable  just putting  myself  to early  menopause I am 43  years.l am very confused  he says  it the best way but I will rather  just remove the cyst  any advice  thanks 
    • Posted

I was 44 when diagnosed and felt the same as you did want a surgically induced menopause. Is there no way they can remove fibroid without uterus? Perhaps ask another Gp in your practice for an opinion?
    • Posted

Hi I intend  to  get a second  opinion  it my body after all thanks I will keep  you posted 
    • Posted

Yes agree ask if they can remove fibroid without uterus, but don't think they will think it a good idea to leave it in as can't they cause other health problems if left?
    • Posted

If you have one ovary left, removing the fibroid should not put you into early menaupause.
    • Posted

How long have you had the fibroid? If its been a while and its not causing any issues, chances are it will not cause you problems. Furthermore, fibroids tend to shrink the closer you come to menaupause. Are you having the cyst removed by keyhole?

That being said, if Dr. could remove both my cyst and uterus by keyhole, I would get rid of my fibroid too.

• Posted

hi my cut had 22 staples it opened one end and oozed was because i was doing to much nurse put a a dressing on it ,it soon healed tc magssmile
    • Posted

Thanks Margaret, it does seem to be getting less now, just another thing they don't tell you might happen.

Hope 2015 will be happy and healthy for us all.

• Posted

Hi Margaret, can you remember how long the oozing lasted for?

I am seeing practice nurse tomorrow, changing dressing morning and evening myself at the moment and tomorrow will be 7 days, it has reduced but currently still oozing. Due back at work on Monday.

• Posted

Hi yes it prob take a couple weeks,nurse will sort it for you happy new year smilemags x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.