Should I be worried?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. I just want to clarify about the experience I have just now, and I am unsure whether it is anxiety or something.

Just now I was boarding the train and there were no seats so I have to stand all the way. I was feeling okay until when I start to feel very nauseated. And it gets worst when I really had the urge to vomit. The next thing happens is that my vision slowly dissapear(?) I couldnt even see a single thing. It was so bright so blinding to my eyes I cannot even see and I couldnt even hear anything at all (my mum was calling out for me). I panicked though and my breathing gets way so eratic (more like i was hyperventilating real bad) hence I tried calming myself with slow deep breaths but it doesnt work?? I was calling out for my mum for help so I was staggering towards her and I almost fell, luckily she grabbed me though hahah.

What was that all about I am not even sure myself :-( It doesnt happen once but it also happens during the end of November in the middle of the night whereby I couldnt sleep and I started choking like as if I am out of breathe. Should I be worried? I am just a teenager though.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you are really concerned visit your GP,

However anxiety affects my eye sight and so does the nausea , everything feels unreal and it feels like my heart is coming out of my chest.

But doing breathing exersises and calming myself down really helps.

Try not to avoid places where this has happened as it can make the fear come back.. Feal the fear and do it any way.....

Good luck and just mention it to your Gp if things get worse. What did your mum say?

• Posted

Hi

Do you have migraine at all?

Sometimes this can  be due to a simple but scary migraine attack that just suddenly comes on for no apparent reason.

Menstruation can be a trigger for the occasional migraine or pre menstrual tension. PMT!!

A chat with a GP is good advice just to reassure you.

​Take care.

• Posted

Hello Elise. I would recommend talking with your doctor about this. Have mum or dad take you for a little checkup, and explain your symptoms. It's nothing to worry about and your GP will give you some options. He might send you for a few tests just to help relax your mind, or he may offer you some breathing tips or medication to try. Lots of things could cause your symptoms, such as migraine headaches or social anxiety. So make that appointment and get looked over. You'll feel so much better afterwards, I promise. smile 

Best wishes x 

• Posted

With this eye problem talk to your GP.

The other problems could be you were getting tired standing and the movement of the train may make you feel sick. If you were to be heading towards a collapse you may have problems with your eyes as I understand the trains can get very busy and lots of people are standing and it may be you were having problems getting air.

Personally make a positive and see your GP

Keep a Hold, Especially on the train

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.