Should I be worried?

Posted , 5 users are following.

As i only drink twice a week should i be worried? However on both of those nights i drink the recommended weekly allowance of 14 units, so 28 units per week?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i would like to add that i used to drink at least 5 times a week and had a 2/3 day binge around once a month, where i would continue drinking first thing in the morning. it has been about 2 years now since i have done that, and having this drinking twice a week seems to be the only way for me to have at least some control over it. i dont class myself as an alcoholic but i do have a drink problem as in i can never just have 1 or 2 drinks, once i have 1 i have to keep drinking until im drunk! Also i have tried everything to sort out my drink problem, i have been to AA, i have been to alcohol counselling (group and 1:1), i have been on Campral, i have read books and listened to hypnosis tapes, i have gave my bank cards to hubby so i cant get cash, i have also spent a couple hundred quid on actual hypnosis, nothing works!! But i still really really want to quit altogether, I am 47 and really worry about my health and weight. So I am at a loss, anyone else like this?

• Posted

Hi Christine I have just read both your posts and see lots of similarities with my own drinking days. There is another very successful way called the Sinclair Method which I came across when first using this site a couple of years ago.I have followed this method for 2 years and now only drink very occasionally and can stop after one or two which previously was unheard .I am just going out so can't write anymore at the moment but visit the C3 Europe website (Google it) and the information is there.I am sure you will get other replys here soon too , lots of us are following this way and now living different lives ๐Ÿ˜Šyou have come to the right place so keep coming back ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Posted

I don't think you should be worried about drinking twice a week.

But if you want to stop drinking completely but can't, then obviously you have something to worry about!

Luckily it's possible to stop drinking and there are loads of posts on here about how to do it.

Good luck!

• Posted

thanks for the replies guys. I have asked my doc about TSM in the past but they wont prescribe it. I also worry a lot cause of the danger i have put myself in in the past when drunk, and i dont want it spiralling out of control again!x

• Posted

Hi Christine,

It's good news that you've cut down from 5 days a week. What concerned me a little about your post though, was the comment that you have to drink until you get drunk.

Alcoholism isn't about what you drink, or even necessarily how often you drink. Habits such as drinking to get drunk regularly could indicate a deeper issue.

I'm interested to know, when you say you've tried AA, what that means? one meeting? Any step work?

Why do you feel the need to drink to get drunk?

As far as weight and health issues go, in my own experience, don't try to take too much too soon. One thing at a time. You often find if you can sort out one problem the others follow. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.