should I be worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 28 and have 3 children. With my last pregnancy about a year and a half ago I stopped lactating very quickly which at the time i didnt find that strange as with the other two it wasn't long after. Since last Aug I noticed one of my nipples had slightly turned in. There was slight discharge from both nipple but it wasn't a pleasant smell (sorry) i tried to keep them clean as best I could without making them worse. In the Oct I plucked up the courage to see my doc who gave me a steroid cream for a few weeks. That made no difference at all. I then went back to my docs at the beginning of Feb who then referred me to the one stop breast clinic. On arrival I was greeted with friendly chat etc and i mentioned the day after I was going on my honeymoon. I was told the nipple turning was due to me smoking and was handed a leaflet on Mastitis. He then did an examination which he found a lump around the underneath of nipple area so i was sent for a scan. In the scan they found something and I could see them giving it a measure. Afterwards seeing the consultant again I was told to have a nice honeymoon and to go back in 8 weeks for another scan. Everytime I tried to talk to ask about the scan he spoke over me about something different and just kept saying we will see you again soon. I'm really unsure as to what to think.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would just like to add that this lump isn't painful and if it wasn't for the doc I would even know it was there. I do have what they call breast mice on the other breast which they are sore and do flare up at certain times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.