Should I be worried about a nerve block for thumb fracture

Posted , 1 user is following.

I fractured my clavicle and thumb a week ago and was told my thumb fracture would require surgery. i was offered a general Anesthetic however i kindly declined this due to other complications with my health. The doctor told me that he would be able to carry out the surgery with the use of 3 injections which would block the nerves to my hand. has anyone had a similiar op with the use of a nerve block ? and what was your experience like ? i am really anxious and i am considering not to go for my surgery which is in 2 days however the risks associated with not having the surgery are also serious. Im just wanting someone to describe their experience so i am reassured i will be okay.

thanks 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.