Should I call?

Posted , 3 users are following.

In am using into boards a lot and feel guilty but don't know where to turn. My ex GF has anxiety/depression related to work and out of no where said she doesn't love me after saying she did two days prior and saying and acting completely in love for months. I work with her but don't really come in contact she works for same company 3 hours away. We haven't talked about anything personal in a week since she broke up with me and only spoke about work 2 times. I want to call her and talk with her. I am missing my best friend and I don't know what to do. I want to show support. She isn't taking meds but was talking about seeing a therapist a couple weeks ago but hadn't when she ended it. What do I do? I don't want to smother her but want to support her but honestly I want her back too. What do I do?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Being depressed doesn't mean incapable of making decisions, you have to let her decide on her own. It's her life,her decision and her illness. If she knows how you feel that all you can do, anything else will seem like your trying to control her. Don't put your own wants and needs onto her when she's already struggling. Leave her be

• Posted

Thank you. I appreciate that. I feel like I'm in a death rattle with a relationship that I don't want to end and I want to have hope that She will regret ending itwhen she feel better. She had mentioned having anadonia and that is what is seems like but regardless it is hard and confusing.

Thank you !

• Posted

If she won't see a doc and take meds you can't help her.

• Posted

Thank you ! I am trying hard to be there in my thinking, but I want her to feel better and know I can't force her to anything nor would I want to , but she deserves happiness and I have seen her happy just not since all the work stress increased. It is hard to turn of wanting to help someone you love and even now it's hard to not want to text her saying that I'm thinking of her, care about her, and am here for her because I am scared she will just push back or that is will just add more to her stress. I don't want to lose someone I love

• Posted

Hi b36593 - sorry to read of your problem. Love can be a battlefeild. The best thing you can do for now is to give her space. You should also prepare to come to terms with the possibilty that this relationship is over. In the meantime she may consult a doctor/therapist, but, as hughscot has already said, the decision is hers. Best of luck to you, and remember that no matter what happens, you have a future with or without her.
    • Posted

Thank you. I am trying my best to do the suggestion and cope with the idea it is just over. Thank you again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.