Should i come off mirtazapine? Tired all the time

Posted , 1 user is following.

Been taking mirtazapine for 3 weeks now. At the beginning my energy was up with the improvement in sleeping but now i am back to feeling constantly tired. I sleep for more than 12 hours every day, and often need to take a sleep during the day. I don't know if it is because of the mirtazapine but it doesn't seem normal. I just want to sleep all the time. Not sure what i should do. I don't really want to come off the mirtazapine because at least i am sleeping and they are improving my anxiety.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would definitely talk to your doctor. What dose are you on now? I found I was very groggy and ridiculously tired when I was on the 30mg. I went back down to 15mg and I'm doing much better. Just a note, when I went from 30 down to 15 I did experience some more anxiety than usual but it went away after a just a couple days.
  • Posted

I'm still on 30mg, been the same dose for the 3 weeks.
  • Posted

Have you researched Mirtazapine on your own? My psychiatrist was the only one that told me that when you get into the higher doses it looses it's sedating effect and, in fact, doesn't allow us to get into a deep enough sleep at night and we wake up feeling really, really tired. It's odd that my GP and the pharmacy were not aware of this. From what I get from the internet there's some debate as to whether this is true or not. From my own experience, after being on 30mg at night for a couple months I was waking up feeling awful until mid morning. I was on 22.5mg in the morning and I wasn't really feeling tired but even at that dose I was jittery. So, I'm back down to 15mg at night, sleeping well and not groggy in the a.m. & only feeling a bit of anxiety (which I'm beginning to thing is hormone related)
  • Posted

I've made an appointment to see GP tomorrow, I just want to sleep continuosly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.