Should I consider additional options other than B12 injections?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

First of all I am 22 years old male. I had my vitamin B12 tested few days ago and it came out severely deficient (< 50 pg/mL) where the lab's normal range was from 183-900. I have done this test in the first place because I had observed some symptoms like fatigue, weak memory, digestion issues, and premature greying of hair. I had my first injection of 500 mcg of B12 a couple f days ago. So is there anything I have to consider? By the way I tested for my TSH and it was 1.5 and my total T3 and T4 were within normal range as well.

Thanks in advance.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mohamed 007

Your B12 is extremely low. Please read protocols of treatment and pass them to your dr.  At db12.org. Also look for articles about b12 deficiency treatments by dr Ralph Carmel. 

The window of opportunity to treat without lasting damage is less than 3 months from the manifestations of your first symptoms. If your dr doesn't give give you injections as in the medical protocols. Usually 1000mcg every other day until your symptoms are gone.  You can always supplement OTC while waiting for your next injection. But your b12 is so low. You should not wait. Any farmacy has methylcobalamin 1000, 2000 or 5000. OTC. There is no known toxicity for b12.   It's very important. My b12 was 209 the first time I was tested. My symptoms were: depression, pins and needdles in feet and hands, unsteadiness, weakness, fatigue, burning back, and stiffness , gastric and memory issues

• Posted

Personally, from all I read about vitamin b's,  its best if they are taken together so they work. You mite wanna talk to your doctor, about  getting a vitamin B complex with 7 to 8 vitamin b's  this is good question to ask your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.