Should I do 2nd round of Botox?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had Botox beginning of June. Was in extreme pain for 3 weeks after - the Botox seemed to irritate my sentinel pile so was worse pain than before the procedure. Started to get better very gradually. Thought I was on road to recovery then had a hard bm yesterday with a lot of blood. Hoping this won't be too bad of a set back.

Doctor suggests if fissure doesn't completely heal I could do Botox again but he doesn't seem too hopeful - more like "well it won't hurt." Except the first round set me back $1300 US. My doc says people tend to be much happier after the surgery as opposed to Botox. I'm 38 and have no plans to have kids but not excited at the prospect of being incontanent. Would love to know if anyone has had success with a second round of Botox.

I take Miralax and Metamucil every night. I eat fiber one every morning. Use Diltiazem/Nifedipine ointment 3x a day. Take muscle relaxer at night. Take Advil as needed. Sit on heating pad all day at work. This all started beginning of April.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My fissure started in March but had my Botox in April and seeing my surgeon tomoro to determine wtf is going on ! My fissure looks healed outside but I get random blood and burn when I poop even if no blood ? It really suks

I don't know if I would go for Botox because I would rather let my body heal from this stage rather then becoming reliant on Botox

Like u want your body to get used to popping and strength without Botox especially when healing

The first Botox for me to a good stage but now it's just annoying I want to feel normal agaib

• Posted

Hi Benny,

Completely understand what u are going through. I had unbearable pain too. Went for Botox and the pain worsened. Dint help at all. After this I was suggested a surgery. I just had it on Monday and on Tuesday I was able to have a pain free bowel movement. It might be because the surgeon told me she had applied lots n lots of anaesthesia or if the healing process has started. Today is the 2nd day and I'm yet to go to the bathroom. Did u ask them about surgery? What did they say? Surgery might be a better option as from what I understood Botox is not a permanent solution to fissures. Chances of it coming back are high and is successful in only 60% of the cases. Good luck. I hope you get better soon.

• Posted

Sometimes maybe it just takes a bit longer to heal on its own, according to my experience. I had a fissure at the beginning of this year after a hemorrhoidectomy. I started treatment - nitroglycerin cream 3 1/2 months ago. About two weeks ago, my BMs don't have the sharp pain any more. I am still using caution with diet and everything, and intend to do so for a while. But I think I might have healed. I can feel I am engaging more muscle during BMs than I could when the fissure was painful!

• Posted

Hi,i wanted to give you my 2cents...

i have been away from the forum for a while(still red all the discutions) because i am feeling way better than i use to for more then 3 weeks now.

i can have a normal life even if i still feel that those damn fisures are still there and probably will never heal completely but for the time being i am verry greatful for where i am.

i want to say that the pain sort of stopped gradually for a period of 3-4 days.

I did change some of the things in my morning routine:

first,i got me a squaty potty- this piece is amazing ,i wouldn't have it any othe way.

once you learn how to relax the poop slides right out without any need for strain.

I am a fitness and healt professional and i am in really good phisical shape so no problems with my squats but i can see this being a challenge for a lot of folks...

My diet and my water(around a gallon per day) intake are on point every day,verry important to eat a lot of veggies and variety too.

Between me and my wife(mostly me )we eat between 6-8 lbs of veggies per day.

Of corse you cant start eating like   taht right away -been eating like that for years.

Then just so happen one morning i was out of toilet paper and was to lazy to change it so i went straight to the sink and washed my hands first and then gently my anus,cleaned my hands with soap,rinse the soap and wash it again always with clean water then i red here somewere about applying Desitin 40% and also a tad of vaporub(that feels really good.

And here i am hoping i am not jinxing myself but  i am in a better place after a long time of hours and days of suffering.

Hope you'll understand this message,English isn't my first language and of course wish you all the best...

• Posted

Also  forgot to mention that i have been to several  doctors and been reccomended all of the above (botox,surgery,at some point colonoscopy ) but after  reading all the feed back ,i decided its best to stick with waht i knwo and feel also as far as diet feel free to look up "intermitent fasting"and its benefits.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.