Should i feel this way with gallstones please help!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi im new to the site and so happy i have found it as i have been having the worst time being diagnosed with multiple gallstones and a possible gallstone stuck in a bile duct. Before finding out i had gallstones i had been to A&E about 7 times and was admitted to hospital twice for infections and feeling very unwell which they thought was pancreatitis but luckily i didnt have that but i have got elevated liver at 72? not sure what that means. before they found gallstones i had already had about 3 major attacks over the years but never new what it was and on this major attack i couldnt take it anymore so i went to the doctors and A&E etc.At first they thought i had gastritis and acid reflux and gave me stuff for that which didnt work so i went back and saw another doctor who was great who said i think you need a scan on your gallbladder for gallstones turns out she was write i had multiple gallstones and was advised to speak with a surgeon which i have now done as being admitted to hospital twice i am now on the hot list for gallbladder removal.I have been having blood and white blood cells in my urine aswell which they think is uti infections but ive had about 4 of these since being ill with this huge gallstone attack and nothing seems to be clearing it up? so im not sure if the infections are linked some how? ive been feeling so unwell since all this which after having this huge attack i have not felt the same since and not sure if i should be feeling like this so would love to here from anyone else feeling the strange symptoms and if they are to do with the gallstones or if its something else aswell. here is my symptoms.I get pain in the middle of my chest and right side pain under my rib which radiate to my back and sometimes all over the right side of my stomach even near belly button and sometimes radiators to groin and lower stomach aswell.I also have a strange shooting pain on my left side to under my rib.I feel shaky inside, sometimes hot sometimes cold with chills and sometimes feel like a flu type feeling is the best way i can describe it. i get dizzy, feel sick and can hardly eat anything. Ive been on a low fat diet as advised by surgeon but even low fat food makes me feel very ill after eating it as if i cant digest anything then i start to feel very panicky and then have panic attacks which then drained me so much i cant keep my eyes open and have to lie down as to feeling so drained and tired and weak. I also get this debilitating tiredness where i have to lie down and go sleep alot and which also causes alot of brain fog and i dont feel with it is the only way i can explain it. I also get diarrhea sometimes and then constipation with feeling nausea alot to and have been sick a few times to. I get dizzy and sometimes feel like i could faint and feel generally very unwell even to the point that my skin feels hot on the outside sometimes and i get alot of muscle aches to.Theres more symptoms aswell but ill note these for now. Sorry for the long post but im so scared of what is happening incase its not just gallstones and there is something else seriously wrong and that the doctors have maybe missed something as i feel so unwell all the time there is not even one day that i feel ok and i always feel the pain on my right side. please help and let me know if any of you feel these strange symptoms with your gallstones and gallbladder. many thanks and hope to hear from someone soon. 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Really hope they remove your gallbladder soon.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Thank you so much sarah im on the hot list at the moment so hopefully wont be to long now. i just feel so ill all the time so hope once it is taken out i hope i feel better. Thank you for your reply and ill keep you updated. 

carmella.

• Posted

Hi Carmella, I don't know if you saw some of the discussions yesterday I think with people like yourself who are nervous of gallbladder surgery have posted on here, and others have replied with some very positive results. I'm due to have mine out in March as my gallbladder isn't working properly. I hope they manage to get you in soon so you can be on the mend.  Take care

• Posted

Hi katherine im new to the site i only joined today so now catching up on everything that people have wrote. i wrote two stories today about my story and what ive been going through and worried about ect. im so happy there is some good stories out there as i am so worried about it all.Thankyou so much for replying to me its made me feel alot better and i hope your surgery goes well and you feel better after. keep me updated take care from carmella.
    • Posted

Hi, just keep us informed with how your getting on, if you're having a bad time with pain or anything else and someone on here with respond to you and give you the support that you need. take care.

• Posted

Thanks you so much katherine thats made me feel alot better ive been having really bad anxiety attacks with this because im in pain and feeling generally unwell all the time, so its great to have people like yourself to talk to about it. Thank you so much and ill keep you updated take care.
  • Posted

Carmella,

So sorry you're suffering so with this.  I think that you are describing is a digestive system overwhelmed because your gallbladder is malfunctioning!  Some of your problems could be caused by experiencing the pain and stress of untreated illness!  

I suggest that you try a probiotic to help the balance of the flora in your digestive and urinary tracts.  That might help with the UTI's.  

Best of luck to you, and let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Thank you so much lynda I will try the probiotics and let you know how i get on. I also had a doctors appointment last friday and i had my urine tested again and they think ive got another infection again so i had to drop a urine sample of at the hospital today to get tested so have not got the results yet but im really hoping its not another infection seems like these pains are never ending.Thankyou so much for replying and for your advice and ill keep you updated on what happens take care and thanks again.
    • Posted

I sure hope that I helped you! I think that, at least for me, one of the side effects of illness is that your bacteria becomes unbalanced and that leads to other problems.

I had a hysterectomy last year, and no one explained to me that I could use probiotics to help my body adjust and stave off other problems caused by bacterial imbalances in my vagina (UTI's) and my gut.  It sure would have helped me!  

I'm on an antibiotic for a UTI right now!  I feel your pain!  

• Posted

You really have helped me alot lynda thankyou so much i didnt know that illness and bacteria becomes unbalanced and that it leads to other things. Im sure going to try the probiotics and let you know how i get on and i hope you  feel better soon aswell thankyou so much for all your help.
  • Posted

Carmella,

I am SO sorry this is happening to you now, but I can totally relate. My symptoms are nearly identical to yours for the past 2 weeks. Started on 1/14 after a meal of fressh cherries, cheese and crackers. I am still waiting for ultrasound results but wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a stone or 2 stuck in my bile duct. I have been barely able to eat without pain or discomfort. It took 10 days after the ER visit before Gastroenerologist suggested gall stones and I started eating low fat. Better but not 100% since then. I have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Iniatially worked up for cardiac because of the chest pain like you had, & I have a history of occasional A-fib (heart arrythmia) & panic disorder. To say I was freaked out by the intense immediate pain & pressure is a big understatement. I was barely sleeping and living on Xanax that first week, before being cleared by Cardiologist to start taking an SSRI so I could calm down. I am a 16 year breast cancer survivor so.... the monkey mind goes crazy when my body turns on me. Even still I am wearing a heart monitor for a month... just in case. I had been dieting and doing low carb. Apparently a little too much fat. Though I generally went for good fats like avocados. Won't lie, I do like ice cream, cheese & chocolate (all horrible for Gallstones) but I was still losing weight so... I wasn't going crazy with those. Loosing weight too fast is ALSO bad for gallstones. Not sure what my doc will recommend once we have the results. Weird that I am now praying it IS gallstones... because at least its a problem we can solve without too much prolonged illness. Lots of people have been recommending stuff to dissolve or flush gallstones, but I need the test to confirm & I am wary of p*ssing off my gall bladder any more. I absolutely don't want it to get worse again. Eating soft boiled eggs for protein, plain sweet potatoes and pumkin out of the can. Drinking aloe juice and bone broth (with ALL fat removed). I'll be praying for both us. I hope we both feel better real soon!! ~ Nancy

• Posted

Hi nancy im so happy you replied to my message i feel so sorry for the way you are feeling and all the things that have happened to you. I definitely know how you feel it took over 5 doctors to find out that i had gallstones and a trips to A&E before they found it was gallstones at first they thought i had ibs, acid reflux and gastritis also one doctor thought i had a hernia at one point but i think it was my gallbladder was so inflamed that it was that because ive had lots of scans done mri, mrcp, and ultrasounds and xrays and no one else ever said there was a hernia they all said it was definitely gallstones and that i have loads of them and some might be stuck in a bile duct. I am now waiting for the results of the mrcp to see if there are stones stuck. Like you said about eating i cant eat any dairy at all i used to be able to eat potatoes and handle a boiled egg once in a while but i now cant digest them so all i can now eat is brown bread with no butter and low fat soup sad And like you said i always feel pain mostly on the right side but sometimes on the left to and radiates to my back and now my liver has been playing up which i was very worried about but the doctors have said once the gallbladder is out it should help the liver again. I feel so sorry for the way you are feeling and what you have been through, i never new that gallstones could cause all these types of problems until i found out i got them sad I really hope they sort yours out and like you said i hope theres nothing else more serious going on.  i really do hope you feel better soon and keep me updated on how you get on with scans and results etc and ill keep you updated to take care from carmella.

• Posted

i know it is 3 years after but i have the same symptoms and im scared... did you find yout what happened to you? i also feel very weak and tired and anxious. i didnt go to the hospital yet because my insurance has expired im trying to get a new one first... i need to wait for a few days...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.