Should I give up on life?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So.. I feel depressed. My whole life. I've never been diagnosed though Im too afraid to go to a therapist cause I don't want my family to know. I always try to be myself and everyone seems to hate me. They don't say something but I see it they get mad at me no matter what I say and I don't know what to do. I don't know where I belong anymore. My family says I have a sh*tty character my friends always get mad at me no matter what I say. I feel like its all my fault and I'm mean and I don't deserve to be loved. What am I supposed to do? I feel like if I died they would all be relieved. What should I do? I'm just a bother to everyone. That's my only crave for help my friends are tired of me being depressed my family would not understand.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

why would your family have to know if you saw a therapist? unless you tell them they would never know
  • Posted

You must go to gp or your therapist, it's all confidential and the professionals won't let anyone know,   That's down to you.

i only told my husband when first diagnosed but slowly let family members in and guess what -I was surprised how many family and friends were coping with Depression.

there is no stigma attached and we can all help each other, you will be surprised.

• Posted

Hello Hun, it is difficult dealing with depression, but I think if your family knew what you are going through it would help them understand you more, you need support at this time, thoughts will come which are negative, but you will get through this, speak to your doctor, hold on....🙏🏽

• Posted

I agree with Angie here I think you should

Tell family and friends, I found it hard to at first and even telling my job but they all took it very well because there is nothing to be ashamed about this is a condition you have this is not a reflection of your own personality! When you start to believe it is YOU and not the depression that is when your mind can get caught in knots like it is now! I'm always here checking my notifications so if you or anyone else needs a chat or anything I'm here

Good luck

Ranger

• Posted

Hi off the bat I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say I think your quite young not that age matters with problems like this I mean by the age of ten I'd had more lifetimes experainces than most adults not particularly good ones either

Ya know it's not uncommon for ppl to feel hated when they suffer from depression although I think it's more a self reflection than other people's perception it's so easy to take this the wrong way a look or a smile may look like anger or like someone is laughing at you

It's not the case of course it's just how we perceive things if your down on yourself then often you'll think other ppl are too like if you don't like yourself why should they like you this frame of mind often plays games with you gives you self loathing and a wanting to just be accepted you are accepted it's all to do with the depression

It wouldn't me a very good mental illness if it wasn't able to fool even the person that had it right?

So let's look at the facts you say that ppl are mad at you but havnt said it right? I don't know many that wouldn't say something if someone annoys them that much

2. You say you can't tell your family whys? That you think they would understand maybe your attention seeking I'm willing to put it on the line that they just think you need time alone ya know I'm going to say they love you loads and if they knew you were feeling like this they themselves would walk you to the Drs

With these conditions they don't get better alone they get worse you deserve to be the best version of you you can be your family deserve the best version of you too your best bet is to go to the gp as I tell everyone here to do take notes at low points write it down how your feeling and why if you know it'll help you explain these feelings to the dr to get you the right help nothing like sitting there and saying I don't know dr I was low its better you go prepared ya know get your self the right treatment from min go you take care let us know how you get on yeah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.