Should I go back in or not

Posted , 1 user is following.

Quick history, 4 years ago I had most of left ovary removed due to dermoid cyst and 2 simple cysts. The left a tiny sliver of ovary as it was stuck to bowel, but I still get cysts on it. At the moment I have a 6 cm haemorrhagic cyst on it, and it is really painful. Go sent me for urgent referral and the consultant has changed my meds (buscopan volterol and 60mg codeine along with paracetamol) he said he is reluctant to scope me straight away as I had a csection 10 months ago, told me to take these tablets and see how I feel but if it doesn't reduce the pain witching 48-72 hours I have to go back in. Well the dull throb pain is reduced but I keep getting spasms (about 5 times a day) which make me feel awful sick, faint and a lot of sharp burning pain.

Do I ring the hospital and go back in or should I just wait a bit longer as I was only given these tablets Thursday pm x

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go back in immeadiately. You don't want to risk it.
    • Posted

Thanks Lynda. I've gone back andafter a poor response from the hospital my gp has now referred me to a private clinic as she believes more needs to be done, I have an appointment next Saturday x
  • Posted

Oh good I'm glad you're getting the help you need! I hope they fix it!
    • Posted

Been seen today and the consultant has agreed it need removing. He said he will try laparoscopically but there is a high chance I'm also gong to need a bowel resection and if that is the case he will close me and operate again at a later date in a bigger hospital x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.