Should I Go Back to the Doctor?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! 

So I was recently diagnosed with cellulitis in my left leg, from what seemed to be a spider bite. I was given a course of Doxycycline for 8 days, which I finished Thursday night. The swelling massively went down and it's no longer hot or anything. However, I woke up in the middle of the night last night because of extreme itching where the bite marks are. It's still really itchy, and the bites are slightly enlarged from the other day, but not too big. I was wondering if the cellulitis could be coming back or if I should call my doctor about it? Maybe I wasn't on treatment long enough? Thanks for your input ahead of time!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

if your not sure about anything always check with doctor health wise  reading into what you have written it tends to get itchy messy before getting better he may give you something to calm it down   have you got after treatment for leg ??? you got to rest it leg up for short period if it aches but always be-aware with cellulitus 
    • Posted

Thank-you so much for your response! I talked to a nurse over the phone today and she just said to watch it. But it's night now and it looks like it's starting to swell again. I think I will go back to the doctor tomorrow if it's any worse. I didn't know anything about after treatment. Or that you should rest the leg. I work all day on my feet a lot of days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.