Posted , 2 users are following.
So I won't describe my story in length (unless anyone wants me to) but basically I have a perforated eardrum from a grommet that I had 6 years before it arose.
I've had another grommet since, only for it to do basically next to nothing. This was almost 4 years ago. There was a scare two appointments ago (eardrum collapsing or something?) which I had to have a CT scan for (which came back fine).
After the scare they suggested me having another operation but when the CT scan came back fine they said it was up to me.
I'm struggling to make a decision. The original reason why I got referred to ENT was because the perforated eardrum was causing constant ear infections which nothing seemed to stop (various medications were tried).
I haven't had any ear infections since but I have on and off ear pain every week, and this Autumn/winter was particularly worse as I went half deaf in the bad ear several times and had the blocked up changing pressure water feeling in my ear for a few days once or twice.
I don't see it making much difference now (I can put up with the pain) but my worry is that if I don't have the operation then the problem will come back because I didn't do anything to stop it (which is what is happening to my grandmother now, 20-30 years later)
0 likes, 5 replies