Should I go on medication

Posted , 3 users are following.

I exercise 3-4 times per week for one hour which includes cardio for 30 min and strengthening for 30 min. I eat reasonably with a balance of plant based foods and chicken and fish.

But I still have BP that is 125/85 sometimes but other times goes to 140-150 / 90-100

LDL is 130,

Glucose is within normal limits but at high end

Total cholesterol is at 217 when normal range is 125-200

HDL is 46 when normal range is 40-200

Triglycerides is 160 when normal is 0-150

My family doc is recommending BP meds and meds for cholesterol

Based on all of this info, should I go on both BP meds and statins?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What's your height and weight? How would you describe your diet? Your cholesterol is a tad high. Your BP might be better if you can limit and maintain your diet to keep cholesterol consistently low.

• Posted

Your cholesterol level of 217 may seem just a bit over the normal 200, but it is still considered elevated. The cholesterol may harden the arteries, thereby causing blood pressure. Looking at your current readings the doctor might prescribe mild dose BP medicine. Be mindful of what you eat and watch your weight; the doctor may take you off medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.