Should I go to the hospital? Or is this a migraine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, again.

I posted something similar to this but I wanted to ask this question to the only migraine sufferers I know—you guys. I’ve had this nagging pain in my head, it can get worse, and it can subside but it is always there. I wake up with it and go to bed with it. Along with that, I get this awful pressure and lightheaded feeling in my head every single day, even if the headache is absent. I get pressure from my forehead down to my cheeks that had started more recently. I’ve been more tired and I feel so weird ALL THE TIME. I’ve been to my PCP who told me it was a tension headache and dismissed me. I don’t believe that to be true it’s been going on for more than 2 weeks now and it’s not just a normal headache. It’s head pain that gets worse with lightheadedness facial pressure and loss of appetite. I am so confused. But the more I look into this I scare myself thinking it is a brain tumor or something serious. I am 20 years old relatively healthy. I am getting anxious over this. Could this be a migraine? I am so close to driving myself to the hospital. If anyone could give me some advice I’d appreciate it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jillian

I would definetly go to a neurologist for a second opinion and to get answers for your symptoms. the more you worry and stress the worse your head issues will get....i am a migraine sufferer so I know what stress can do. Second opinion is so important when you are not getting better from your doctors diagnosis. Did your doctor give you any medication? I have Rizatriptan for my migraines. i take one at the onset of a headache right when you feel it coming on so it will knock the migraine out from forming. You definetly need to get to another doctor or neurologist sooner than later to rule out your fears.

keep us posted

Wendy

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your reply. I do have a neuro appointment for December 19th that is the earliest I could get into see him. Do you think I should go to the hospital or go to my PCP again. I am scared.

• Posted

Also no I did not get any medication from him. He told me to go see a neurologist whom I cant get an appointment with till mid december. Any advice?

• Posted

I am not sure this is the same as you. Please keep in mind I do not get headaches. But I do get ocular migraines that last about 20 minutes......but never a headache after. These ocular migraines are a seasonal thing. starting about 3 pm, and has been going on for about 5 years.

BUT I do get pressure in my face from my forehead down to past my cheeks. This also plugs my left ear and makes me all off balance.

This is a daily thing that for some strange reason starts about 3 pm every day I can get it other times in the day but the constant is around 3pm

I have been to 3 different ENT's and 2 neurologists Just a big waster of time. The last neuro suggested that I had some kind of migraine. Silent I guess. He could only offer daily meds with many side affects, or botox which kinds freaks me out.

I do connect weather and barometric pressure to this.....but to have it daily blows me away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.