Should i go to the walk in?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I accidentally took 3 codiene-ibuprofen tablets containing 200mg of ibuprofen and 12.8mg codiene each. I have taken these before at correct dose and felt okay just a bit spaced out but I feel really nauseaus and shaky/drowsy right now. havent actually been sick but felt like I was going to be just now.

I dont know if this is normal or if its worth going to the walk in?

I know it's only a minor overdose but Ive heard of people dying from just taking one too many. Am I just overthinking it or should I go just to be sure?

I start my new job tomorrow so dont want to go unless its necessary as I'll be waiting around a while. Any advice appreciated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Relax man you will most certainly be fine. That is just very slightly over the recommended dose and a heck of a lot less than a lethal dose. Im surprised you feel sick actually, would just be kore careful in future.
  • Posted

Hey,

I'm not a doctor clearly but I think you'll be fine. It's just because your body isn't used to it but I used to get prescribed 30mg codeine tablets to take 2, 4 times a day so that's 60mg codeine in one go. So it's not really an overdose if you catch my drift although it is in the terms of the tablets you're taking. Just drink some water and see how you feel in half an hour, the nausea should've subsided by then and you should feel a bit better. I used to have some toast to knock off the nausea, maybe try that? I honestly wouldn't worry yourself! Just don't do it again! smile

Jayd x

• Posted

Ahh yes the ibuprofen can ulset an empty stomach also so if you have not ate or have ate very little it could help explain why you felt unwell. You will be grand buddy good luck with the new job.
  • Posted

I agree with everyone.  You are definitely okay.  But, being you take them as recommended and your body is not use to a higher dose, you will feel a bit funny and nauseous.  Yes.. just eat some toast or dry crackers to help.  It is possible you may vomit if you feel nauseous enough.  It's okay, you'll actually feel a bit better after doing so.  I know.. I unfortanatly use to take them to get high.  But have been clean for 6 years now.   It may take around 5 or 6 hours for the feeling to go away.  Your okay though..  Best wishes! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.