Should I Have Been Sent Another ESA 50 Form To Fill In

Posted , 4 users are following.

I Have Been Sent For To Attend A Work Related Assessment On Friday 10th November 2017 But The Last ESA 50 Form I Filled In Was April 2016 And Since Then My Condition Has Changed As I Firstly Lost My Mum After Caring For Her For 5 Years Which Made My Mental Health Issues Far Worse And Caused A Couple Of Physical Health Problems Gout High Cholesterol And High Blood Pressure. Also In March 2017 My ESA Was Stopped Due To Me Being Unable To Attend An Appointment For Assessment And I Had To Go Through All The Mandatory Reconsideration Then Appeal Which Was On 26th September At Sheffield Crown Court Which Went In My Favour On The 9th October I Received My Backpay Then On The 11th October I Got Letter About My Assessment But Wasn't Sent An ESA 50 Form And So The Assessment Will Be Going On My Old Medical History And Not My Upto Date Problems

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Lee,

It's very difficult to read your posts because each word starts with a capitol letter, can you please turn caps off.

You do not need another ESA50 form because in March you failed to attend an assessment, for which you went to Tribunal for. The reason for the Tribunal was to decide if you can continue with your ESA and of course it went in your favour. However, you will still need a face 2 face assessment because you failed to attend the last one. As you already filled out the ESA50 form in March your assessment will be based on that. After this assessment a decision maker will decide whether to keep you in one of the groups or find you fit work and your ESA will stop completely.

If you can't keep this appointment then i strongly advice you ring the assessment providers and re-arrange the date and time because if you don't then like before you'll be found fit for work based on failing to attend again. Good luck.

• Posted

the esa50 i last filled in was april 2016 and so my health has detiorated a lot since then especially after losing my mum
    • Posted

In March 2017 you failed to attend an assessment, for which you were found fit for work. You must have filled out an ESA50 form back then to be sent for an assessment. You wouldn't have been sent for one without an ESA50 form to return. The reason you've been sent another appointment now is because of the one you failed to attend in March.

• Posted

If you still think you didn't fill in the ESA50 form before the assessment you failed to attend then you need to ring DWP and ask when was the last time they recieved a completed ESA50 form from you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.