should I increase?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all

Ive been on 10mg Citalopram for 5 weeks and my GP has suggested that I increase to 20mg, Ive stated to him

that I want to stay on 10mg for 3 months and if no change then increase to 20mg....

Should I just increase now to 20 instead of waiting?? I have not had any changes in my anxiety so far...

I am also on 22.5mg of mirtzapine which my GP wants me to come off ....

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was on 10 mg for a week then my doctor told me to up to 20 mg wished I had been a member on here at the time as I would of taken Lois advise and stayed on the low dose for 3 months but if 10 mg are not helping then I would up your dose I feel loads better on week 10 did have a bad day other day and Lois gave me reassurance my issue at the moment it bad headaches all the time I do take paracetamol but only helps slightly have taken low dose of cocodamol on my pharmacists advice but after taking them for 3 days I think it made my axiety come back ..
    • Posted

See if you can find the parecetamol with caffeine in it ..is better for head aches.....I know in the USA is called excedrin...I don't know about the UK..

• Posted

for bad headache tri drink more water it might help,, i get that evry other day but water and natural tea helps me u should give it a tri!! 
    • Posted

Lots of water with tea and a parecetamol with caffeine in it.. absolutely
    • Posted

I had a blood test done recently and it shows very low iron, probably why Im so tired all the time and walk like a zombie out of the walking dead!!

• Posted

Ok so perhaps that's the feeling tired culprit...so now I'm sure they prescribed iron tablets...and eat some red meat......

• Posted

Yeah I have to take ferrous sulphate tablets for 3 months... Im a vegetarian so red meat is out if the question....
    • Posted

That diagnosed probably answer lots of questions for you....
    • Posted

Hi raj yes I am still on that dose and will stay on it as this is the right one for me 
    • Posted

Hi I was very on edge waking in the night with a butterfly feeling that would last for ages I was angry and crying a lot over silly things and racing heart  . 
  • Posted

Hi Raj I’m on day 24 I was on 10mg for my first 6 days and my insomnia and anxiety was crazy and sweats and shakes. My Dr cut me back to 5mg for 6 more days then I went back to 10. So I’m still at 10mg and Doc says it takes time. Lois is right with it takes time. I’m like Ben I go for a walk for 20-60 min and it helps me a lot. Wear headphones and favorite music and look at nature and breathe freely. I also do meditation at night in bed with Utube Rebekah Borucki and her breathing has helped me. Keep me posted 😎

• Posted

Hello raj, if your doctor thinks you should increase your dose, I think you should. 20 mg is still a relatively low dose. I think the higher dose will get you to where you want to be quicker. You can also look at reducing in future, as long as your doctor agrees. I'm on 40mg, just starting week 9. Its been awful, though last 2 days, particularly today, the anxiety has dropped considerably. First time in about 3 weeks. So thankful to everyone on here. If I'd changed meds, as I wanted to, don't want to think what state I'd be in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.