Should I increase from 100mg to 125mg?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I suffer from panic attacks (agoraphobia), anxiety and depression.

So I've been on 100mg of Zoloft since February 2018 and it has definitely helped. I saw my psychiatrist a month ago and he said to stay at 100mg but if I feel I need too I can increase to 150mg. So I'm at my dilemma I'm feeling more anxious right now as I'm starting a new job next week, so should I increase to 125mg or stay at 100mg?

Is there bad side effects jumping from 100mg to 125mg?

Thanks so much.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’m glad to hear it’s working for you as I’m about to start setraline and I’m nervous about the side effects 
    • Posted

I was nervous too about starting it. Just remember it takes about 2 weeks to start feeling the effects and about 12 weeks for it to be totally working so don't lose hope early on smile 

• Posted

I’m still on mirtazapine at night and have recently stopped duloxetine which the side effects were awful 
  • Posted

after a week on 50mg i went up to 100mg for 3 weeks, all the usual side effects, nothing to bad tho, just went to 150mg 3 days ago, and feel much the same as when taking 100mg, i mean that in the way,the side effects havent got ant worse, but feel a bit better. but thats just me, everyone is different. Ive been on them almost 5 weeks in total now. so big jumps very quickly for me, but i seem to tolerate it quite well, as i said ive got all the side effects but there not to harsh with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.