Should I increase my dosage?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I have taken sertraline for many years off and on.  Recently my anxiety has increased.  I've gained about 17 pounds...I needed to as I was under weight.  I am wondering if I may need to increase my dosage since I've gained weight?  Has anyone else had this issue?  Thoughts?  Thanks everyone!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not too sure what you mean here, but I can tell you that I also have put on alof of weight since taking these tablets and Propanolol, probably in the region of 2st lol which sucks, if you want to put on more weight I would definitely suggest doing it a more legit way than increasing tablets but as I say from the way you have worded it I can't really get what you are meaning 

Cheers

ranger

• Posted

Sorry for the confusion.  The sertraline was working until recently.  The only difference is that I have gained weight.  So, I wonder if my body is requiring more since I weigh more.
    • Posted

No i dont think that is quite how it works lol you require more if your brain needs more 
    • Posted

Ok lol!  I don't know why my brain needs more now.  I don't know what has changed, besides me getting older.  Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.